DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There seems to be new people posting here so just in case you don't the spoiler rule, it's: if it hasn't happened on screen, or it's a casting exit, use spoiler tags. (spoiler) what ever the spoiler is (/spoiler) -- but switch the brackets to square brackets [ ] Thanks!

• Members

Beverly Todd is a good recast of Celeste, she completely nailed how Celeste is over the top and dramatic all the time. I'm glad she didn't do the accent, because I think it would have been too much like imitating Boyd's portrayal. I recall Boyd saying she came up with the accent from watching Rocky and Bullwinkle.

• Members

I think the Celeste recast is doing a decent job. Her voice/accent is right and she ogot the manuerisms. My problem is she is too regular! She looks like Aunt Shirley from Sunday Church (I dont have an Aunt Shirley, but you know what I mean) Why they gotta dress her like a grandma? Her clothes need to be sexier and her wig is too plain. A light brown or blonde would have been more "Celeste" but I guess that might go with her skin color

Never before have I seen a person happy to see another person gay as I have Marlena with Will. This has been the highlight of her year. I do love how he came to grips with it and is slowly accepting it, but not ready to be out and in a relationship.

Gabby is just awful. Get her off my screen

I cant get over the quick 180 with Abby. One minute she's borderline psycho and now all off a sudden she is fine? WTF?. She got no help, no intervention, no support....they didnt even bother to delve into the issues for why she was the way she was. Makes no sense

• Members

Isnt that one of the many issues with the show. They could have gone more into it and used rich history having it being related to her grandmother Laura. I still waiting for the whole Alice storyline to unfold, it just stopped!

• Members

Why the heck is Gina acting like she doesn know who Marlena or Bo are?

days040612.jpg

Jennifer looked awful today. Can someone please do something about her hair color? Why are her roots, white? Her scenes with Jack were alright but I wish I care It almost seemed like an epilogue for them as if they are being written out

• Members

this confuses me and its so contrived. She wasnt rebooted to her Gina days pre-1994 when she was "dead". She was brought back to the late 90s when she supposedly stole and hid this egg. She knew Marlena and Bo as she was masquerading as Hope for months, doing Stefano's dirty work on the side.

• Members

I really hope this is not the case. I love Missy Reeves, and I know tptb moved heaven and earth to have her return when she did. I just think the Jack/Jenn relationship has run its course. I want Jenn to be free to date, without the burden of a marriage. Missy is still a beautiful woman (hair disaster today notwithstanding) she can still play a romantic lead.

• Members

I'm going to play the other side here and say Jack and Jenn belong together.

That said, if the scenes today were their reunion and they're headed for permanent back burner status, what a waste. I could have gone for more story to keep J/J separated as long as they were "endgame" (I sound like Corday, I know!)

• Members

Maybe with other stable Salem couples (one in particular) on the way out, they need a tent-pole couple like Jack and Jenn to balance out the canvas?

I feel like Jack should have been a blip in the timeline that is Jennifer Rose's life; instead, he is like a bout of Herpes that will not just go away.

Archived