DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sonny reminds me of a quote a friend of mine said in describing herself: "It's hard being the kind of person who falls in love with everybody"

Sonny, in my view, just loves to love. He also seems to be the type who'd like to 'fix' Will and make him happy.

• Members

Oh, Freddie Smith totally played that lingering look when they hugged. And Chandler's look when he was leaving... I still want them as friends who eventually fall in love (but is a long-form story like that even possible anymore?), but Chandler and Freddie's chemistry is electrifying to me. It's so rare to have characters on soaps with actual chemistry these days (all of these awful insta-pairings get shoved down our throats), particularly on Days, so if they are pushed into a relationship I am fine with that as long as they have a STORY. I'm hoping that Tomlin/Whitesell can at least give us that...

At any rate, this is my favorite gay soap storyline on an American series*. Kyle/Fish is my second favorite, if only because they were actual characters embroiled in real storylines outside of their relationship. It's what I want for Will/Sonny after Will's coming out story is over -- I don't want every storyline to deal with gay rights and convincing people they're the same as everyone, blah blah. I just was one damn soap to give me some gay characters and then let them have fun stories like the rest of the cast. The only reason Kyle/Fish doesn't win out is because Chandler/Freddie seem so natural to me and eventually OLTL bogged them down in throwing them together so they could do all of that Mitch/Stacy Morasco mess.

*Hollyoaks JP/Craig still wins hands down for me, clearly.

• Members

Something fun with Will and Sonny would make Will better rounded, but since so many people loved the scenes of Will screaming and crying for months on end, I'm not sure that would happen.

All I would like to see is Sonny having some character development. That and some clarification on Will's family relationships besides, "He loves his grandma and he's the new Sami." His relationships with EJ, Rafe, and Lucas are especially vague.

• Members

In love with? No, because he is not, in any way. Attracted to? maybe. Curious about what the future could hold? Sure.

As for being around him, yes. Because they are friends. Because when he came to town something was between him and will and they hit it off and started a friendship. because Will is a good guy, and somebody who is need of a friend like Sonny right now.

Exactly.

I agree, Will's next story should be something fun. I think fans enjoyed the drama and emotion of the scenes of him crying and lashing out and struggling with his issues. Im no sure tht would stop him from not always being like that tho.

What devolpment does Sonny need? Honestly i feel like I know him pretty well, more than a lot of others who change for plot. But id love to see more of him and find out about his history. And Will, again im not sure what you need clarification on? He loves his grandmas, he likes his dad, he hates his mom, the rest are his extended family who he has a casual relationship with. Id love to see more of Ausin and Carrie in his life, but that is something they are choosing the ignore. Again, he likes Lucas but they are not close, He loves the idea of what Rafe has provided his siblings with, and EJ he doesnt like at all, but he also likes the money and benefits of working with him.

• Members

He always looks at EJ with starry eyes. He basically told Lucas that EJ is more of a father to him. He also claimed Rafe was some type of father, and perfect for a family, yet he had no reaction to Rafe cheating on Sami. He has no real relationship with Lucas since his return.

I don't get any sense of how he is supposed to feel about these people.

• Members

Hes young and gay and EJ is tall, british, and hot. LOL.

I think Will was just trying to hurt Lucas and get him to back off because hes been absentee for a few years now and just returned expecting to be able to control everything. Rafe is fatherish to Will, but i think more than that Will liked what Rafe created for his siblings and his hatred and judgement of his mother is so extreme that Rafe cheating on Sami doesnt phase him, esp after it was Sami cheated on him - even if he didnt know it.

• Members

Yes but is EJ supposed to be a father to him? Is he supposed to be something else entirely? Is he supposed to hate EJ? To be crazy over him?

It just feels so vague. They wanted big dramatic scenes with no buildup and as a result it's tough for me to invest in any of this, as it's tough to have any reaction to Will suddenly longing for wallpaper Sonny.

• Members

I dont think he is supposed to be a father to him, not in the traditional way anyways. perhaps in the provider way? I guess. I think he defiantly hates EJ, but now sees how he can use him in a way that works for him. As for a crush or to be falling for him, thats not at all portrayed on screen. They def have some innapropriate chem, but in the writing there is nothing.

I disagree about it being so vague, Sort of, maybe, but not very. I felt the buildup, the climax, and the fallout and I liked all of it.

I dont think Will is longing for him, and I dont think Sonny is wallpaper anymore so than someone like Nicole is, theya re both there to serve a point in a story for other characters. I think Will having that moment was about him allowing himself to have a moment with another gay guy and be ok with it, and it was to forshadow their eventual romance (because face it, we all knew it was coming before they even cast him, but i love that they have waited this long)

Again, i just totally disagree.

Sami's raction needs to be Sami. over the top, rash, impulsive, selfish. Not because thats who she is, but to have zero fallout from him going through this for so long would make it pointless. I think she needs to overcome it tho and then make him understand that she doesnt care that hes gay, and shes just being herself and its not ok, and him be like exactly - this is why i didnt want to deal with this, because its always about you.

and someone, at least one person, better not be accepting.

Archived