DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Celeste was last seen in October 2007 at John's funeral.

EJ was responsible for Lexie and Tek's car crash and Lexie being held prisoner in the tunnel under Doug's place. He held it over Celeste's head to get her to help him think Sami killed him. But then when Tony (really Andre) came back Lexie's imprisonment was blamed on him. It was a lame rewrite. Basically, Hogan Sheffer had a character called "Evil DiMea Villain", he used EJ in that role from October 2006 to May 2007, then Andre got the role while EJ was suddenly a victim.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always got the feeling that Sheffer relished the chance to write another "man with balls," so he had EJ run wild as this is one of his great fantasies as a writer (he does this on every show he writes for). Then when they decided that EJ was too popular to make into a monster, out came the rewrites. And the character has gone back and forth ever since.

Did Celeste have anything to say at the funeral or was she just an extra?

• Members

I remember the writers at that time trying to up the creep factor by having Dimera family dinners in the mansion living room. It all came off as so silly. Celeste was in attendance at those, despite the fact that Lexie was still MIA.

• Members

I can't stand this recast for Celeste. It really should have been Tanya Boyd or nobody, she's not even trying with Celeste's accent and her drawling "dahling"...it was a 'character' part and Boyd took her a distance no other actress could have and it's obvious. Such a shame.

• Members

To me, it looks like Beverly is acting as Tanya acting as Celeste, instead of trying to play the role of Celeste. I know this is why some recast actors do not want to watch the reals of their prior performers, so they are not influenced into miming them.

One thing is for certain, Ms. Beverly can not pull off the lacy and racy outfits that Tanya could.

• Members

A good temp recast is supposed to mime the original. Kind of to make you forget so and so actor is not there and so the character flows naturally in the scenes. I say a good one because I've seen some good ones and then I've seen some horrible ones. For instance MM was a good temp Liz on GH because she played the scenes so similar it was easy to connect.

• Members

Wasn't EJ the gloved hand? Someone please explain to me how that storyline ended because my memory is really hazy on that partially because Passions did a similar story around the same time. Though Passions started out somewhat interesting and went to complete wtf when the gloved hand blackmailing, peeping tom rapist became Vincent/Valarie.

Oh there was two gloved hands on Days that much I remember and Ej was one and he was conning Sami who had been blackmailing Lexie over the affair with Tek.

• Members

What I meant by this is that I will not be surprised if after this run (however many episodes it is), if Celeste is needed, it is Beverly we will be seeing. I guess since Lexie

there is always the opportunity for future appearances.

• Members

The Dimera family dinner was held the week after Lexie was found in the tunnel. Celeste told Stefano that Lexie didn't want to come.

EJ and Patrick were working together as "the gloved hand". It was also indicated that EJ had more people working for him and that they killed officer Eve Michaels if he himself did not do it. It's hard to say how it ended. The Salem PD investigated EJ, John and Marlena went to Italy to find Stefano, they found out EJ was Stefano and Susan's son Elvis. EJ ordered Patrick to kidnap and kill Hope so John had to take Bo's place at the boathouse. EJ revealed he had a secret assassin in place to take out Bo and Steve. He then shot John and raped Sami and fled to Mexico. Tek witnessed EJ shooting John, but Lexie said she was the witness so Abe wouldn't find out Tek was there. EJ returned to Salem the same night that Lexie and Tek were in the car crash. No witness, no evidence, EJ walked free. He spent the next four months taunting Sami and brainwashing Steve with a tarot card. The Salem PD had one more chance at nailing EJ. A couple of months earlier Shawn was a messenger between EJ and Patrick so if he could testify that the two of them were in cahoots they had a case again, or something like that. Patrick was in jail and to scared to talk. But Shawn was on the run with Belle and Claire from Philip. EJ and Philip worked together to find them. Philip found out they were on an island called Tinda Lao but he didn't tell EJ. He eventually found out and sent Steve to the island to kill Shawn and Bo. But Kayla managed to de-program Steve. Once the group got back to Salem the whole thing was dropped and the Brady/DiMera feud started.

Archived