DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Thank you. This is the first s/l I ever remember. I've always said that I began watching in 1968, which was admittedly a guess. Now I know that I actually began watching the summer of 1966. It's so odd that I don't remember any Julie before SSH when here's the proof that I saw another one

Please register in order to view this content

& that I should have recalled this one. Mostly my memory is of a swing moving.

I just realized that I was just guessing when I began to follow first soaps because I'm too lazy to look it up. But, if it's somebody else I will go & look whatever it is up, when I won't do it for myself. Does that make me a sucker?!

Edited by Tonksadora
I just had some insight.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Be on the lookout for the two "famous" Salem waitresses from Java Cafe and Brady Pub. Lisa Williams (Lisa the Brady Pub waitress) was a background waitress in Shenanigans and Jacee Jule (Patty the Johnny Angels/Java Cafe waitress) was a background waitress at the Park Cafe.

• Members

John seems to really be enjoying that striptease.  He probably stole those pants from Sami later lol

It's always hard for me to get a read on how/why Susan was so popular in the few episodes I have seen.  I wish there was more of DA/Susan available.  From what I can tell Susan is a much more subtle character than Julie.

• Members

There were an episode or two of post-David marriage available where she showed a bit of a more nasty/bitter streak that I thought was interesting, but I think she's probably one of those characters that's hard to get with random episodes taken out of context.

• Members

Hopefully, one day there will be more available to see.  I am definitely interested in seeing the progression of Susan and this storyline.  Obviously, we know what happened to Julie through the years, but it would be interesting to know what happened to Susan.  I wonder if the show ever considered bringing Susan or her daughter back later on or if the show just completely moved into a new era where she wouldn't fit.

• Members

No doubt that they all had good writing. That's a given. But, I remember reading about Denise Alexander's popularity, Schemering said she was probably the most consistently popular romantic heroine of the soaps. And, I always thought what a remarkable compliment that was. Since she'd been working since she was a child, she had lots of credits & tons of experience on the job. I always found her very appealing & liked all of her characters - Susan, Leslie, Mary/Marisa.

• Members

Interesting.  DA seems likeable from what I have seen of Susan/Leslie, but I have yet to see the huge appeal.  Granted, seeing clips years later is not a way to assess someone fairly as opposed to those who have seen her day in, day out in real time.  Her stories on Days sound very interesting to say the least.  I am very intrigued about the Peters brothers and the rape/sex in the park story.  It sounds very strange on paper.

I generally think it's Drake himself acting goofy and no one reigns him in.  It's weird how John moved from stealth spy to Grandpa John so quickly.  I also don't know if the aneurysm he had still affects his moods.  I don't think the show ever resolved that. It would be funny if that was Drake's motivation for acting so OTT happy, but the show has completely dropped the idea unbeknownst to him lol.  I would loathe an Alzheimer's story with John.  Could you even imagine?  Ron seems to like John/Marlena a little too much for that turn of events.

• Members

It would just break our hearts too much to see John and Marlena endure that.  

It was a very ambiguous storyline.  Even as I was reading about it, I was never sure whether Eric and Susan's encounter was consensual.  It's the kind of story that could never play today.

• Members

I think Ron is perfectly content on having John save Marlena once a year from something sinister and I can't see him ever giving them a story that deep.  I think most fans would hate it as well.

From what I read about the Susan/Greg story I get the feeling it probably was rape, but the show backtracked on that for whatever reason making Susan have consensual sex in the park with a stranger.  I would love to know if anyone on here saw it or even have any of the mags from back then.  I remember @beebs used to do magazine recaps, but I can't remember if they went that far back.  It really sounds like a mess of a story and I wonder if it played as badly as it does on paper.