DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ron would throw in some Hogan's Heroes references.  Robert & Bill are still friends after all these years.  They used to have weekly lunches but I guess those stopped the last couple of years.  Bill did recently say he and Susan called Robert to wish him a happy 96th birthday.

• Members

Something about that scene is so unintentionally funny to me.  The Dr. having to double check the pregnancy test box to make sure the plus sign means pregnant, the dramatic music, and the way DH gasps and pauses in between saying "I..m...pre...g...nant is hilarious every time I see it.

• Members

@TonksadoraI'll move my response to your post in the Best year thread to here to not derail that thread with my ramblings. 

I agree about the Kristen/Susan sex stuff, but I think it was played as John doesn't love Kristen and that's why he can't tell the difference.  It was used as wacky hijinks instead of a deceptive sexual assault and made John look dumb.

Anyway, outside of all that the John/Marlena reunion wasn't even that good lol.  I was waiting since approx. 1991 for that to happen and John/Marlena didn't even really talk about anything.  Sure the affair and Roman got named dropped, but John didn't seem that devastated at losing a child and a wife and proposed to Marlena hours later.  It was unsatisfying and so was the aftermath of bringing Roman in.  Even the Kristen/Susan/Banks siblings seem to be done just to up the wacky factor.  And while I loved the suspense of the initial Susan/Kristen switch all those siblings just seemed like an Emmy reel for ED and something for her to do while she burnt out the rest of her contract that she wasn't renewing.  So, overall, while I thought the initial story was good-I wasn't into the ending and the extra siblings the show added just to add.

• Members

I am not a John/Marlena fan so I just had a totally different perspective on what was a big deal event to you. To me, not so much. And, when it comes to the 5 siblings, I cannot argue that it wasn't a stunt. Ha! That would be a laugh. Definitely a stunt, definitely wacky, fer shure. It wasn't something that was calculated if what ED says about how it came about is true. She says that they were going to hire someone to play this one character they had in mind, Susan Banks, and without really thinking about it, she said, "Why don't you let me play that?" So, she sort of baptized the start. I think once JER saw her actually do Susan that then his imagination started to swirl. And, all told, it worked for me in the final analysis because of the execution. That's not something I usually say about JER stuff, but this time they had it nailed. 'Never seen anything like it.

• Members

We can't be friends lol.  I am the biggest John/Marlena fan on this board lol.   And also Brenda Barrett's biggest fan so if you don't like her either-we can never speak again 

Please register in order to view this content

Just Kidding of course!

I do really like Kristen/ED.   I am so glad Eileen finally got something meaty to do. I think the Susan idea was fantastic.  I just didn't like the "look at how talented ED can be" shtick.  Not that's she's not the most talented actress ever on Days most likely, it just felt like too much.   That being said the story is very watchable.  I thought the real couple of the story was Kristen/Marlena.  DH/ED work so well, even now, as rivals.  The Secret Room stuff is golden.  I just think I preferred Aremid and Maison Blanche because of their gothic undertones and so much of the cast being involved.  But, again, the Kristen/Susan/Banks story is better than most of what we got the next 25 years.  Do you like SH as Kristen/Susan?

• Members

You're not the first J/M fan to feel that way about me! I put both J/M & Bo/Hope fans off because I'm not with them in the great campaigns of getting their two back together. I was a huge Roman/Marlena fan & I still wonder what Chris is doing serving chowder at the pub. But, I was both a fan of Bo & Billie (Love Lisa Rinna.) and of Bo & Carly (Crys is divine.). I am always attentive if Marlena is being kept prisoner whether it's in a cage, or a hole in what looks like a warehouse (Stella, anyone?) or the Paris underground or that quaint set-up for prisoner & guard, the secret room. No, I don't think they should have SH do even Kristen, much less Susan. I tried to like her. Trying wasn't good enough. SH always throws me momentarily because I think Susan (seaforth) Hayes. Yes, I'm a major Doug & Julie fan. My father (DOOL was a family affair growing up.) and I both had crushes on Julie back in 1968! And, I will admit that I do not have bad feelings toward Brenda - and I really like VM - but, no, sorry not a fan.

Edited by Tonksadora
I forgot Brenda!

• Members

Ha! Ha!  I don't care if you don't like John/Marlena lol and I will accept you like VM, but not Brenda.  I am not into campaigns and silly nonsense like that.  I loved WN's Roman/Marlena so much!  Especially their early stuff.  I just ended up liking John/Marlena better through the years because I loved the affair and think they have better romantic chemistry.  The show did WN dirty as Roman in the 90's and if WN showed up as Roman tomorrow and JT showed up as Chris K.  I would not even care or question it.   I loved LR's Billie and RKK's Bo as well.  I did not like Carly or Carly/Bo or CC (sorry).   I really hated the early 90's Carly show.

Anyhow, I think Stacy does okay with Susan.  Her Kristen is just very weak.  ED just walks in for a few scenes and owns the character and I think it's a disservice to Stacy to flip them back and forth.