Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Cin aren't allowed to have conflict. They're just the happiest couple to ever grace daytime and they have no drama. They just bang all day.

I love how Ciara isn't at all traumatized by the ordeal she went through with Vincent and being held captive for months, being injured, having amnesia, etc.? Nope, it's just right back to f-cking Ben and wanting to have his baby because Ben is so amazing.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

MarDevil is DH's best acting outlet. Sanctimonious and criminally incompetent psychologist Marlena is boring - even to Dee. From that first scene where she's just standing there as Julie rushed in with Doug on the floor, Dee was all-in. Forget the camp and ridiculousness, this story mines 'real' history and is a great umbrella story. 

Phloe is simply a dud. More intrigued they're testing Ava with both Jake and Philip - both have interesting angles. Give me an Aniston scene with TB. But, please, drop that accent! She doesn't need it. 

Kristen redemption would fit perfectly with the Possession 2.0 - otherwise keep her away. SH should be back as Susan in the DiMera house - in small doses - like 2x a month. 

Johnny, Chanel and EJ have all been casting wins for the show.

I was skeptical about Jackee, but her sheer skill and presence make her scenes enjoyable. Unlike others who are phoning it in, she wants to be there. 

• Members

Circling back to an earlier question, while Johnny has been reading Will's script, he hasn't needed glasses or any help for his glass eye?

Has anyone even mentioned it?  Is Stephen Nichols pissed that they don't make him wear a patch?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Their stanbase can't handle any conflict. Ron has to coddle them.

To be fair, Hope and other women went through lots of trauma in the 80s and seemed to just carry on like nothing happened to them LOL. Kim was the only one who seemed to carry any trauma.

You'd have to know the history to ignore it

Please register in order to view this content

LOL

I mean, he basically said "oh [!@#$%^&*]" writing in Shane with Ben and Ciara because, you know, Shane's granddaughter was Paige. So they had to address it. I know it's easy to forget all of that but it shows his agenda regarding Ben. "Who cares?" 

Honestly I found all of it stupid so I don't really care they don't address any of it. But of course they SHOULD. lol. 

And guess who Ron wanted for Harrison Lord? TOM EPLIN. He was going to do it until he couldn't film.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Tripp is too boring for the Devil. You know Ron's Devil is all hot for Ben

Please register in order to view this content

It is really nice seeing John and Julie interacting. 

You can tell DH is enjoying it. 

Phloe feels like an afterthought, even with the nice flashbacks we got. There's no investment there and that's a shame. I feel like it's always going to end up with Brady/Chloe. Brady/Chloe/Phillip/Ava/Jake/Gabi could all be SO interesting mixing it up but yet ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

I hope the Devil tortures Tripp after today lol.  But it seems to be an anvil that he's next.

I honestly don't remember the last time Julie/John interacted.  They don't very often at all like in their entire histories.

Weren't Ben/Ciara having the same dreams about their kid Bo Jr. like a month ago?  Ben is correct, but I can understand Ciara being blindsided by this because he didn't mention it before.  I guess they were too busy in bed to talk about their life plans.  Also, you guys could adopt? Honestly, I don't care so I don't even know why I brought it up.

I thought the MarDevil stuff was good.  I just can't take months of it.  I clearly couldn't take it in the original story and I am not looking forward to it now.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

This post shows how bland the episode was today. I see talk for it has already dropped. Sigh the good days of rushing to post about Beyond Salem.

I'm already bored with the possession story. Nothing happened today. Marlena fighting with devil while holding the pillow was just ridiculous. Doug not able to blurt out the truth was just awful.

Get poor Tripp away from his former accuser Allie and put him with Johnny. They should be the triangle. I'd love to see Johnny as a bi guy trying to juggle both of them.

Ciara should be the one having nightmares about having a devil child.