Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kristen was such a big part of the original Possession and it would be a way to tie in what was a seemingly pointless plot from a few years ago.   Maybe Lani could be first to suspect something or Kristen needs to be part of the exorcism and 'redeems' herself.   Again, Eric would be useful as well.

• Members

That's true. Brady and Shawn could be buddies. 

I think DAYS needs some friendships. I get it's harder to justify spending time on building friendships but .... it's lacking. And would go a long way towards character development.

It is odd BB/MM don't have any chemistry together. They seem to get along and like each other; which translates, but no chemistry.

• Members

Seriously, when is Days going to get rid of this cheap incidental music? They should just scrap it altogether, have no background music and let the scenes/actors speak for themselves. I want to like the show but it looks more cheap than a high school production. There are so many ways they could modernise the show and make it feel less cheap. It's sad watching old episodes and seeing how good it used to be until the 90s. I wish it could be that good again.

Edited by Skylover

• Members

I used to really love the background music on DAYS. I don't know what happened. Honestly I barely even notice it half the time. I get not wanting it at all but background music is a big part of our soaps.

Even the updated sets look cheap, to be honest. Lighting is mixed. They really need a stronger producer.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They have said 'familiar faces' return for the story but I've yet to hear about anyone. I assume it will be Stacy's Kristen if she's involved.

It would be nice to have real Kristen and Eric around for this. I mean, the story is only played two-three times a week so I guess we should be lucky in what we get.

• Members

The audiences are very different between US and UK. I don't think Americans mind the artificial look of US soaps that much? The incidental music is just awful though. I get it's a big part of the US soaps but if they can't afford to it properly I think they'd definitely be better cutting their losses. I have noticed the lighting is better in some sets than it used to be - the hospital set looks more naturally lit than when I was last watching around 2018.

Would it make much of a difference? They clearly don't have the money. I don't know if a change in producer would help unless they literally want to gut out the show from top to bottom. I really miss the real conversations characters had. I remember watching a scene between Alice and Jennifer and it just felt so real and honest. Jennifer said she always makes mistakes and Alice replied that it's not making mistakes that's the problem, it's how you choose to respond to those mistakes. This is a kind of conversation I just couldn't imagine current Days being able to do.

Thank you

Please register in order to view this content