Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree with you completely.

The lack of modernizing the shows (without killing them in the processs) and the lack of real conversations is becoming a turn off. These soaps have SO much potential but they aren't allowed to be modern. They were far more progressive in the 70s and 90s.

Personally, the UK look is more appealing to me (even as overproduced as they have become) but our soaps couldn't pull it off. 

Casuals probably don't care about the sets. Most of us do lol.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I doubt it would be ED, but I wish it were.  I think Eric might even be more important even if he is recast.  Like maybe he went back to priesthood after his marriage broke up.

It would be a good redemption arc for the Kristen character.   An actual believable one, but this show doesn't really feel she needs to be redeemed lol.

• Members

This has been Days for years. And most other soaps on network television have gone the same way. Don't hold your breath expecting some new renaissance of quality, because until these soaps move to streaming if they ever do there's no chance IMO.

• Members

Because of the low guarantees for actors it's so hard to maintain storyline momentum.

Just curious...does anyone have insights on what are "common" episode guarantees for actors on DAYS now? I believe I read that KA had the highest guarantee of all the actors before she left the show.

• Members

I don't know for everyone but I think I heard Deidre has a 2 day week guarantee and Drake has a 1.5 a week one.  I think at their 90's peak they had 3 but were just paid to be used more.  I think this was especially true for Eileen.

RSW, Isabel Durant, PT, AZ, Lindsey Arnold, CB, and GG lead the episode count YTD.  BB, NB, and EOB are only a few episodes behind them, so they are probably closer to 2.5/3 days a week.   But I am sure it's more cost effective to use LA 4 days a week than Dee.

I can't imagine anyone would have more than a 3 day guarantee, even KA, but she was on a lot doing nothing mostly. 

• Members

Imagine tuning in for the possession story to see the followup to Marlena being re-possessed, and being "treated" to these last two episodes instead.

Please register in order to view this content

I did at least enjoy how EJ was looking at Rafe today. He looks at Rafe like he's a complete waste of oxygen. It's the same look I have on my face whenever he's on. Does anyone actually like Rafe? He's so damn boring.

Gabi and Jake are really freaking annoying. I'm glad that EJ owns the mansion now. I was so tired of hearing about how it was Gabi's house. She was married to Stefan for two seconds. Time for these losers to go sponge off of Rafe again.

It pains me to say it because I love me some Paul Telfer, but I don't care about Xander and Gwen together. I'd rather just have Xander causing trouble around Salem. Watching him and Gwen in bed together all the time is lame.

Brady/Chloe zzzz we've seen this scene a million times. At least Philip's hair is improving. He's actually looking decent. I wish we could've seen Doug cussing Ava out on the phone when she called about her resume.

• Members

I hope they do move over to streaming. Seeing Days looking this way just makes you wonder if it's best if they put it out of its misery. They just can't do it justice anymore and that's a real shame. I wish I was around to see the height of American soaps from the 60s to 80s.

• Members

Anyone remember Ken Corday's music being sold in major stores? I never checked it out to see what it actually was. I feel like this was back in the '90s, though, but I could be wrong.

I'll take Days' silly music over Y&R and the fact I can't even remember any music on modern Y&R other than really bad restaurant lounge music or occasional jazz (also exclusive to the restaurant or Devon's apartment wtf).