Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess I should try to watch yesterday's and today's to get a sense of the current plotlines lol.

And Ron does not write edgy men unless they're killers, quasi-rapists or other villains snarking on the rest of the normie characters. That's been his style for a long time, it's not new. The women are the focus along with the outsize villains/eccentrics or antiheroes. This is the same way it went at GH (and to a lesser extent, OLTL) when layered male leads lost all definition and became dupes. All other men are reduced to hapless, oft-naked hunks on par with Austin's worst years.

• Members

They definitely don't feel invested in Belle or Shawn. And having a teenage daughter didn't help. Especially when they were off-screen for most of ORK's run. Ron seems to want them around but the investment definitely isn't there. Why aren't Eli and Lani and Belle and Shawn friends? Abby/Chad/Eli/Lani/Belle/Shawn would be an interesting grouping. Not saying swap them, just friends.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

He's just a troll. Nobody in their right mind thinks that a YouTube "career" is onward and upward, especially when Freddie's videos only get about 1000 views each. Nor is anybody in their right mind paying money to watch "exclusive" YouTube content of Freddie and his wife. The stuff they post for free isn't even good. Maybe if you pay the monthly fee you get to hear Freddie talk some more about how he's jealous of Zach Tinker?

Please register in order to view this content

Today's show looks so boring that I don't even have the motivation to turn it on.

• Members

Didn't Lani and Shawn date?  And she was in love with him, but he dumped her for Belle?  I vaguely remember this happening awhile ago but that's never been spoken of since so?

Belle and Shawn have been made to be lame.  They lack something both of their parents had/have and I don't think it's the performers fault.  They need a super villian or adventures and they don't get that.  Plus, MM/BB don't have much chemistry. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I don't care for Belle and unfortunately Shawn is mainly seen as her appendage these days.  Shawn and Eli are cousins but I'm not sure that's ever acknowledged.  Shawn should be around for whatever is happening with Doug (especially since Hope will be a no-show unless there is a recast), but the last time Shawn mentioned him, he referred to him by his first name, rather than Grandpa.

• Members

The Days Episodes airing now were filmed in May when CM was in Atlanta and do a scene like did with Johnny and then Allie, a zoom call makes sense

Beyond Salem was filmed late July and Chandler came to LA to do those 5 episodes and is open to coming back.