Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel Days is starting to do the B&B thing where they play stories by cycles of episodes instead of balancing the stories. We get one or two stories dominating non-stop for a week and then a different story dominating the next week instead of them being played concurrently or a balance of A-story front-burner and a couple of B stories moving on the sides.

• Members

I believe MM/BB are away for a bit currently because MM's mother passed away and she was off for awhile.  It doesn't excuse everything before though.  It's weird because Belle share scenes with Phillip, but not with Chloe or Brady in this triangle.  It's like the show is allergic to Brady/Belle scenes which is so bizarre.

It is very weird how fast this is happening since they had to plan it way in advance.  It reminds of when VM returned as Brenda in 2010 and Guza knew for months, but every single character suddenly started talking about her the day before she appeared after not mentioning her for years.  It's a little clunky and quick, but I did enjoy the show today.  I just worry about the momentum going forward long term

• Members

You can have Charity Rhamer back then

Please register in order to view this content

Well, Marlena would probably sacrifice herself for almost anyone but yeah, Belle would have made a lot of sense. It's unfortunate that she's written like an extra. Shawn and Belle deserve better treatment as younger leads. I imagine if Ron tried to have Belle possessed someone would say "who? why?" LOL and that's sad to me.

• Members

So many need to go. Better writing for many of them would help but I don't have the patience anymore.

I agree to an extent. Why are they there? If you aren't going to write for them or use them ... I love seeing them, personally, over many others, but there's no effort to write them as their own characters really, if that makes sense. I think as legacy characters they SHOULD be there, but they're written as forgettable.

I guess if Justin is gone like I heard, we need a lawyer so they'll use Belle I guess. Shawn should be in Rafe's spot. Rafe should be dead.

• Members

Nadia Bjorlin, JKJ, Madison, Beemer, etc. do not need the unemployment line bc this show just brings them back every 6-9 months.

Madison has never been a lead actress and never will be so her being in the Possession is out, and I doubt you can recast Belle at this point sadly. The character has been a nonentity for the better part of 15 years.

Edited by Vee

• Members

MM/BB are on contract.

I assume Belle will be a part of this story.

And, yeah, it would have made more sense for Marlena to take Belle's place.

Because, obviously, this would never happen on a soap and Marlena would never do this, but letting Doug die to avoid unleashing the devil on an entire town/world was probably the better choice for Marlena.  Not advocating killing off Doug or anything.  It would have made more sense to be someone a little closer to Marlena.

• Members

That's what it feels like too.

I'd really like more mixing of the cast (it was great seeing Kayla in the Brady Pub on Friday and then later at the hospital ... mix it up!) but it seems almost impossible at times with how they schedule, plan and tape things.

I love her

• Members

I love Madison but yeah, she's not a lead actress and they aren't going to write her as one. And yep, the character has been a nonentity for so long ...

They've had numerous opportunities in between her firings. Would you bother recasting a character they treat like, as Vee said, a nonentity?