Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually think it would have been a good idea to do the Possession on Beyond Salem only and it happens and no one speaks of it again lol.  

But it's getting press and it hasn't been awful yet so we will see.  It's basically the only interesting thing on the show so I can only imagine how awful it would be if we had to see the characters today EVERYDAY.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The next season of Beyond Salem will probably revolve around Duke. We'll get some back story on him and meet his family. Duke will give us some insight as to how he was affected by being shuffled back and forth between Nicole and Rafe's houses. They'll bring back Serena's elephant statue to be his love interest.

• Members

I haven't seen today's episode yet but yeah, it definitely looks like all the chemistry that nuEJ was supposed to have with Sami went to Nicole instead. And I'm totally okay with that. They're going to look very pretty together once DF's facial hair and non-slicked-back hair show up on screen

Please register in order to view this content

He looks really good in all of his recent photos that he's been posting on his Instagram story  I'm all for this to begin with but if it gets Nicole away from that damn bear? Even better. Still laughing at EJ's line yesterday: "That's Rafe Hernandez for you. One enormous embarrassment." Yup.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I could do without Rafe and Ava. I just can't get interested. And, with that $$ new blood could be brought in. I think both actors are great, but the characters just seem played out.

I would still love to see Sarah and Jennifer brought back full-time. I really enjoyed Sarah/Xander, and I LOVED CM as Jennifer. For the first time in years, Jennifer was compelling.

I also think bringing in an aged Sami-like Sydney would be a great move. I could see a Tripp/Sydney/Allie triangle that would give Carrie/Austin/Sami vibes. Of course, you'd have the Johnny/Chanel complication, too, for them to mix it up together. And, I'd bring back Theo full-time.  That would give them 6 younger leads for the next generation. I don't count CIN. All they do is have sex, and Ciara tells him it's okay he's a serial killer.

And, I still say that Johnny looks suspiciously a LOT more like Lucas than EJ.

Edited by pdm1974

• Members

It's funny but all I see with Johnny is that he's definitely Roman's grandson. Carson Boatman really favors Josh Taylor.

Rafe definitely needs to go and he needs to take Duke with him. He's totally played out and he's never been interesting to begin with. His pairings are all total duds. This triangle with Nicole? Please. He's completely devoid of chemistry with both women. Ava can stick around for awhile and mix it up with Philip, Jake, Nicole, and Tripp. Get her out of Rafe's kitchen and have her cause some trouble. Good girl Ava who spends her days cooking Italian and tending to Rafe is so lame.

Gabi was really trying to order a hit on Ava today. Okay then. Even Jake was like WTF and he used to be in the mob.

Please register in order to view this content

Looking forward to more EJ/Nicole, even if this is starting out as them just getting together to piss Sami off. DF and AZ have chemistry. What is the point of Brady? I don't even dislike him, he just doesn't do anything but be a busybody it feels like. Is he the town cockblocker? He's always telling Chloe not to date Philip and now he's telling Nicole not to go out with EJ. Dude, shut up and let Nicole have some fun and go for a ride on EJ's big "ego."  Brady needs to start doing drugs again or something. This is another character that is played out. He either needs a rest or a really fresh storyline because constantly jumping from woman to woman and being a busybody is zzZzz.

• Members

EM seems like a great guy, and I really enjoy him as an actor generally, but you are dead on....Brady is so played out. He just bounces from one woman to the next...then back to Chloe...then someone else. I would either rest the character or have him be supporting for a bit and mix him with different characters...or John and Marlena...or in a story with Belle.

• Members

Honestly, if I were the HW, the characters of Rafe, Brady and Nicole would be retired and written off.

I would kill off Rafe, in some Police shoot out. I would have Brady, ran off and search for Kristin, however ala Soap style, have his plane explode and not found. I would have Nicole go to South Africa and try to win Eric back. I wrote this on another board.

I would bring back Carrie, Austin, Will and Sonny. I would age Noah between the ages of 16 to 18, to be a troubled kid. Getting kicked out of school, getting arrested. Carrie and Austin just don't know what to do with him anymore and its causing an issue in their marriage. We have Noah, who becomes fascinated with the Dimera family and its history and becomes EJ's protégé, something that his own son doesn't doesn't want to be part of.

This would lead to, which should have been done years ago, Carrie and Anna resolving their issues with each other, since Anna left her as a young girl. Add in Kate, who loves to get involved in her kids lives. Some good drama between Anna, Kate and Carrie. During this time, Austin just can't deal and decides to starting boxing again and Carrie, trying to save her son from EJ, becomes involve with him.

I would bring in Rachel as well, however, she wants nothing to do with her mother Kristen and the Dimera name, but starts to fall for Noah and tries to redeem him. I would also introduce Tyler Kiriakis into the mix as well, who has a thing for Rachael and dislikes both the Dimera and Kiriakis family name and their legacy and tries destroy the two families, after he finds out his mother Mimi was murdered (off screen) by EJ along with Zanders help.

I would also add Sydney into this bunch. Have her be the quiet shy girl, however she has a deep dark secret. She is out for revenge against her father EJ and teams up with Tyler to destroy both the Dimera and Kiriakis empires with the help of Ava. Make Ava bad again.

Edited by gtru1981

• Members

Agreed. My first thought. MarDevil is a lazy drag performer now. I definitely preferred the distorted voice of '95 much better. And I think the colored contact lenses of '95 were better too because they looked like actual eyeballs, versus the current ones which look like CGI. 

I'll never understand why they brought back Ava Vitali. I mean, Tamara Braun isn't that good. It gives Tripp something to play off of, but again, was it really that important? He's got Steve and Kayla for that. 

Meanwhile, Jake is the perfect example of why you need to plan ahead. If something was sparking between the actors playing Stefan and Gabi, keep him on as Stefan. But to kill him off and bring him back as a lookalike twin with no meaningful reason to really be in Salem, you've failed. What a dud of a character. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Lots of get one liners

Lucas: you smug son of a bitch

EJ: you loser

EJ: you're very lose to making me angry...you don't want that (Ron's been seeing too much of the incredible Hulk)

EJ to Roman: you're indulging him just like you always indulged your tramp daughter.

Julie to Tripp: The devil comes in different forms... Gabby Hernandez to name one.

Hopefully Will we be on soon so he can see new EJ.

Today's script was written by Richard Culliton.

Edited by Soapsuds