DAYS: 30+ Year Vet Quits!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A step in the right direction is getting rid of the Dr. Rolf character and his "serum." Death on DAYS means nothing anymore as there are no real stakes. If someone dies, even if their head got cut off, you know they can be back in a few months, so why even care.

• Members

Sheesh I thought she’d another for lifer guess Days has gotten bad enough backstage she wanted out too?

I was so disappointed in Bo’s death a few years back but Griffith and Higley killed  off any chance of my return to watching Days again with their offensive tenure at that time. 

• Members

Yeah, this is fine with me. With Bo dead, there's just not enough for her to do. The Princess Gina rehashes never work for me.

Yeah, this is fine with me. With Bo dead, there's just not enough for her to do. The Princess Gina rehashes never work for me.

• Members

Hope was always so tied up with Bo, whereas  he got other viable love interests in Carly/Billie.

Once Bo was killed off Hope wasn't given a grand new love -  she got Aiden and Rafe.

With Days formula, there was always the feeling Bo would return and anyone else was a placeholder.

Sad that another Horton is gone...

• Members

I mentioned this on another site, but I think the difference is, when Hope "died", soaps were still making money and had budgets. And had better writing. So money could be spent on Bo by bringing in Emmy (remember her?) and Carly and testing Peter/Bo with them. And the writing was there to help the audience.

Today, the budget is gone and the writing sucks, so Hope was left adrift for whomever was also left hanging. So hello, Rafe. No thought at all.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

She quit? Nah...The show is slashing the budget. More will go in front and behind the scenes. Her salary along with Meng should help the bottom line.  I think Ron is staying, unfortunately. He wouldn't be promoting the show and posting fun tweets if he had been canned in this latest budget purge.  I would expect the writing team to be smaller as well.

Hope's character should have left when Peter came back to wrap up his plot. Griffith ruined their love story by killing Bo off and destroyed Hope by having her kill Stefano.

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

@RavenWhitney I do believe she quit and she won’t be the only one. These actors have now been released from their contracts twice and we know they’re taking pay its to re-sign. I can see why it would be worth it for someone like Kristin who seems wealthy and doesn’t HAVE to do DAYS

• Members

I have always liked Hope but I agree with the majority of comments here; the character has been an empty shell for years. If/when she returns maybe Hope can be revitalized under a new writer.

I am not sure she will be able to come back by the time DOOL gets the axe, however. These departures are just more indicators of DOOL's budget squeeze. By this show's end, everyone will have doppelgangers (to save money on cast) and will live in the same hotel room (to save more money on sets).

• Members

The character of Hope hasn't worked since Peter Reckell was written out and every pairing since hasn't rung true.

Alfonso isn't an incredibly strong actress in the heroine role that she was written into for so long and I don't think her exit will have much of an impact on the show. She never quite managed to be the 'star' of DAYS: whether it was Susan Seaforth Hayes, Deidre Hall, Crystal Chappell, Eileen Davidson, or Allison Sweeney, there was always some other actress whose success with a character eclipsed Alfono's Hope.

Do I think she quit? Not quite. I think the renegotiated contract was so poor that she basically felt terminated. There likely comes a point where the amount of work involved doesn't justify the pay cuts.

She never struck me as someone like Suzanne Rogers who will be there till the very last episode if she can help it because she is devoted to the show. Alfonso left before. I suspect she won't be back.

Edited by DaytimeFan