DAYS: 30+ Year Vet Quits!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I haven't watched DAYS in years so haven't seen Victoria Konefal but if the rumor is true, then good for her! I see she is 23 years old and has been with the show 3 years. It's the perfect time (well, assuming all productions open back up) to strike out and see where her career goes. Kristian Alfonso did it 30 years ago, got a prime time gig for a while, and I assume she came back when the roles dried up. That's a perfectly fine route to take if you're an actor who prioritizes a steady paycheck but if you're young and want a long career, you gotta leave the nest. Konefal won't have the safety net Alfonso had since DAYS' days are numbered, but the alternative is to watch her career end with the show. Because let's face it, nobody who has been on any of the remaining soaps long-term will have much of an acting career outside one of the web soaps.

• Members

I'm sad too because they wasted her.

Many have just decided to walk actually lol which says a lot IMO ...

Wilson and Galen were fired though.

Which is a shame on Ciara and even Konefal because they totally wasted her. Konefal saw the writing on the wall and bailed so good for her lol. Another loss for DAYS imo. But I can see why Ciara gets the hate she does, but I see the missed potential. Sigh. Oh well.

It's been time for a Hope break. I've been worn out on her since the 'killing' of Stefano story and pairing with Rafe. All of that just sucked the life out of her. It was time. Kudos for Alfonso for pulling a Renee Jones and Peter Reckell and walking away. I feel like the rumblings are they are lowballing vets so it could get interesting ...

I used to LOVE Hope and I still do like Alfonso, but I'm just worn out. I'll miss her though over time. I still miss Bo and Lexie, honestly. These losses add up over the years, IMO.

Nailed it. (And yes on the contract, I'm hearing the rumblings of them lowballing folks so they're bailing a sinking ship)

I could maybe see them luring some 'retired' vets back if the show were at it's end, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Yeah, actors are bailing left and right lol. They're being lowballed. 

I hope so that they fill the canvas with characters that have been discarded over the last decade. I wanted a shift in the cast for so long and damn it's happening. I too wonder what the show is going to look like come November/December.

They need to drag out some Hortons from the attic too.

I feel like Corday likes Ron but I could be wrong. Ratings aren't stellar. But the show has too many cooks in the kitchen to create a cohesive show. Ron also has many faults but I feel like he's the best DAYS has. But frankly I'd love seeing Broderick go at it again and maybe give Quan a shot. But knowing Corday, since Meng and not Alarr was fired, often makes the wrong calls. So ... we'd get Tomlin or Higley again. I'd probably quit the show for good if he did.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

When she first came on I thought they hit casting gold. She just sparked from the first scene and felt like Bo's daughter. Then the Ben pairing came along and totally sunk the character. How can you root for someone who is in love with a serial killer??? Such a waste. Ciara had a lot of potential.

I'm not surprised...but are we still stuck with Ben, too? Nothing against the actor, but again...I can't root for a serial killer!

• Members

In all honesty, I'm not really upset with Hope or Ciara leaving. Hope has been wasted for years now and while Ciara had potential, VK was obviously better than being a Ben cheerleader. The only one that's a huge loss (and I can't believe I'm saying this) is in all honesty Camila since she actually gives off that soap vixen vibe that a soap like DAYS needs imho.

• Members

I do however wonder if this is why Sweeney seemed to still be filming for longer than her usual "pop-ins"? Could they have thrown money at Sweeney to stay on a bit longer to help the show transition from the huge cast departure to whoever will be filming those roles? I'll say that one thing that DAYS has an advantage in this situation is that they have such a huge canvas of recurring characters that can easily be put into the show and some people like Martha Madison (Belle) seems like she would be a lifer if given an actual contract.

Ironically, when they did the time jump I DID say that this is exactly what they should've done - clean up the canvas a bit and refocus, though of course because DAYS is a mess this happened because of things beyond their control.

• Members

Yeah, I've wanted a massive cast overhaul for a while now. It was time. The canvas felt stagnant.

LOL though at it being a complete and utter mess and almost mass exodus. DAYS is such a mess BTS.

Let's look at everyone leaving or rumored to be leaving, since 2020 started:

ALREADY GONE:

- Judi Evans as Adrienne (returning as Bonnie though) - not contract

- Thia Megia as Haley

- Casey Moss as JJ

- Kate Mansi as Abby (Marci Miller returning as Abby later) - not contract

- Stacy Haiduk as Kristen (but I have no doubt she'll be back)

LEAVING:

- Galen Gering as Rafe

- Chandler Massey as Will

- Freddie Smith as Sonny

- Kristian Alfonso as Hope

RUMORED OUT:

- Camila Banus as Gabi

- Victoria Konefal as Ciara

RUMBLINGS ABOUT THEM BEING OUT BUT NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL:

- Lauren Koslow as Kate

- Greg Vaughan as Eric

- Olivia Rose Keegan as Claire (possibly recast? But she's not on contract so not sure ...)

What is Eric Martsolf's status? Is he gone too?

Like others have said, they have a slew of other people they can bring back or put on contract. I think the show will be fine.

If I forgot anybody on the lists above let me know

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Kate is literally one of if not the last remaining Soap Opera fabulous diva characters on air. I couldn’t watch Days without her. It’s bad enough they refuse to even keep her kids on canvas, and her grandson is closer with Marlena.