DAYS: 30+ Year Vet Quits!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It will definitely feel less like DAYS without her around. Storylines notwithstanding, she made me feel like I was watching DAYS. Sad that it ends this way. I believe her when she says she won't return. Hopefully she'll change her mind, even if just for the finale.

• Members

Me too. I knew people were stupid to downplay Days releasing everybody from contract. With the endless budget cuts on top of that obviously everybody wasn’t going to want to keep staying with a sinking ship. 

The only thing that has surprised me is that more established people are leaving. I thought it would be the younger people bolting. This makes me wonder who is next. I didn’t expect this. 

• Members

Thanks for posting the link to that interview!  I’m going to take it as pretty candid.  She had all this time off, she hasn’t been happy with the story or the pace/production for years, since at least 2016, and has stayed out of loyalty to Ken Corday and the show.  And then Corday tells her Alarr and Carlivati want her gone for 4 to 5 months before her new contract starts.  I bet it didn’t matter that she was kind of excited about the story.  What mattered is that the show doesn’t place her as a priority like she did them.  He released her feeling of obligation, which then frees her from staying.

I think killing Zach was the final nail in the coffin of Hope.  I haven’t really enjoyed her since, even when I was happy to see her she didn’t have a story that made me stay.  His death, with her other kid going from 16 to 26 with a kid of his own in what felt like the span of a year didn’t help either.  Not long after we had stories like Nighttime Hope.

I really wish, all these years later, the the Princess Gina story had just been about her missing years without the stupidity of two characters.  No older Gina, no relationship with John, etc.

She and Bo were such a unit, and one of my favorite couples in DAYS.  Without him, my heart just isn’t in it.

Love the shout-outs to Shelley Curtis.  She was also responsible for great stuff on GH in the 1990’s.  What is she up to now?  That’s someone Ken should have lured back to produce the show!

Edited by titan1978

KA sounds stuck up and butt hurt. While using subtle shade. I used to really like Hope. But years of bad stories have ruined the character.  The Princess Gina redux was an embarrassment. I doubt the proposed. Now aborted story with the  Navy SEAL. Would've been anything noteworthy .  I wouldn't miss Fancy Face. 

• Members

And to think we all said how invested KA looked in the Princess Gina storyline.

In retrospect, her and Bo should have just gone off together in 2015, that way they could have at least had their happily ever after. 

I think this is further proof of how interference from clueless suits who know nothing about daytime can kill a soap. 

They want to raise ratings. Do they not realize that upping the budget could probably do that? I can’t help but wonder, would KA had stayed had they not tried to write her out for those few months.  

• Members

I can completely understand why she's pissed about how the show tanked her pairing with Aiden (the one post-Bo relationship where she generated real romantic chemistry). But the way she talks about the show taking her off the canvas for 4 months, then bringing her back as part of a frontburner romance storyline--it just makes her sound spoiled. A lot of soap actors would kill to have that kind of break, because it would be enough time to work on some other project. 

• Members

I'm not particularly a fan of Alfonso but I don't think she sounds stuck up or spoiled...at least not any more so than any other actor who's had success. She sounds like someone who hasn't enjoyed her job for 4 years (and probably making less money every year she shows up at her job) and feels disrespected by TPTB who want her to go away for 4 months. Aren't all the actors off contract now? What guarantee does she have that they won't renege on this promised story? It wouldn't be the first time a storyline promise didn't materialize and she's been around long enough to see the writing on the wall. Even if the storyline happens, it will be a retread of something else and the actor will be gone in a year. They don't have the resources or time to invest in a new long-term character. Haven't they been pretty much just bringing back former characters (sometimes recasts) for short stints, or aging the kids such as Ciara or Allie? I don't watch - just follow along here - but is Ben the most recent actually new character introduced who's hung around? She just sounds done and it's a good time to go, which I think more power to her!