DAYS: 30+ Year Vet Quits!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

To me, it's those who think she's owes you something are the ones who are entitled.   She doesn't owe the viewers anything.  Like *you* made an impact on her career?  That's so big of you to think that of yourself. 

• Members

I'm having a hard time understanding why this wasn't the best possible time for her to leave. She clearly stated that Ken Corday made her promise to stay on the show until the very end, even when she made it known that she was no longer feeling it (obviously that's not binding, but it's shady as hell bc it reads like he was taking advantage of her sense of loyalty to the show). She gave them four more years than she needed to give them, and now they've made it super easy to walk away before KC can get back in her head and pressure her into staying again. I disliked Hope and the rest of the sanctimonious Bradys when I watched DAYS regularly, and I've very rarely seen any spark or passion coming from KA in the role. I can't remember any time I watched and thought the material was good and she was bad - it's always been "This is sht, and she's doing what she can."

These shows are massive jokes. I don't see how anyone who was on them in the 70s and 80s can approach them today with the same energy and care. None of them are what they were. The perks of being on them are not what they were. Any prestige associated with working in daytime is long, long gone. Money, loyalty to the fans (sometimes), and a desire to stay working with friends who have become like family is what keeps them around, but sometimes those things aren't enough.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I still can't believe people tried to tell me Corday ending everyone's contract was a good thing for the show. Come on. It may be necessary for him to keep the lights on, that doesn't make it good. And it allowed him to do this with a ton of people.

• Members

When I was typing that out, that story crossed my mind. I remember it getting rave reviews here, but I don't think I tuned in even once during it, so I can't speak on it. I'll definitely take your word for it, though, because it was a story that was rooted in human emotion and drama, and it made sense.

• Members

Sadly I havent watch Days of our lives in years, but I still seep up with reading articles. this board and watching promos. Im sad to hear Kristian Alfonso is leaving, I think Hope belongs on the show. I know about the storylines aren't the best and the budget isn't there anymore, but I believe there is a lot more story for Hope then for Kayla and Steve or John and Marlena. I think Kristian is right that the writers failed with Aiden and Rafe. There was some spark and connection. I do believe a new love interest would be awesome.

In my opinion Days is too much about plot twist then about characters and who they are and what they want in life. The story should be more about the characters we started to love and care about. Kristian sounds nothing but thankful about her time on the show and she is in her right to be upset about being asked to leave for 4-5 months. Who said she was going to be asked back if the writers didn't want to write the promised story 10 months ago. 

I'm afraid something is coming up that brings Hope & Rafe back together and they leave together and they use that. Hope would never go back to Rafe.

• Members

I read this and didn’t know what to make of it. She was promised a new love interest but the HW didn’t want to write it? Shades of the Langan & Reilly 2.0 eras all over again:

Elsewhere in the Q&A, Alfonso elaborates on the moment that she knew she needed to pack up her dressing room — the moment that executive producer Ken Corday informed her that headwriter Ron Carlivati and co-executive producer Albert Alarr “thought it was best to take me off the canvas” for several months before launching Hope’s apparently long-delayed romance with a Navy SEAL. “Ron didn’t want to write it,” she says. “I don’t know what his reasons are.”

More at https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/news/573671/kristian-alfonso-not-retiring-days-of-our-lives-hope/

• Members

Kristian has handled this exit masterfully. When was the last time a soap star's exit got this kind of mainstream coverage. The Covid-19 pandemic has helped as celebrity news has ground to a halt, but Kristian has played this exit very well. 

If B&B had any sense, they'd snap her up to play a corrupt modelling agent, in the vein of the Heidi Fleiss role she played in Melrose Place:

As I said in my first post in this thread, the heroine role that they placed Hope in for the last two decades got so tired and reduced the character. Kristian plays a hard, ruthless woman incredibly well and in Melrose Place she seemed to really enjoy herself and excel.