What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members

And yet again, you prove that you're one of my people. I've been meaning to start a TLC/Discovery thread for a while now but figured there was little interest. Y'all are hanging out in here! In addition, I'm obsessed with the 90 Day Fiancé franchise and Naked and Afraid, and a new season of Smothered will be starting soon.

I recently binged on Tiger King, and I'm afraid I've overbinged and exhausted my favorite podcast, Crime Junkies, which all of you should be listening to! SImilarly, I'm a huge Dateline fan to the point of annoyance when I see that several episodes will be airing back to back because I know I can't resist.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have binge watched Netflix's On My Block and Outer Banks.

On My Block is the perfect mix of comedy and drama.  All three seasons were excellent and full of surprises.  The Season 3, Episode 8 (Chapter 28) cliffhanger has one of the most brilliant flash forwards I have seen in a series as it jumps two years in the future and leaves you shocked.  The entire ensemble cast is good, but the two standouts are Diego Tinoco (Cesar) and Jessica Marie Garcia (Jasmin).  Below is a fanmade tribute of all three seasons of the show that does not give too many spoilers away, but gives you a good preview of the show.

Outer Banks is the story of 4 friends who are trying to solve the disappearance of one of the four's dad.  The story has a lot of plot twists and turns.  If you like mystery and action/adventure stories, you will like Outer Banks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am watching a Portuguese miniseries titled A Herdade (the Homestead). It’s unbelievably good. Unfortunately it’s only available in Portuguese right now but HBO has bought off the rights and they’ll make a US version as soon as they can. 

• Administrator

FX/Hulu were with another group but there were already so many in that forum, and FOX was by itself so that’s why we put them together.   Plus, they used to be connected.  We still might do some tinkering later on. 

• Members

600-lb Life had a disappointing season, I think. Most of the participants weren't really committed and either ungrateful or outright rude. I think the best one was at the start of the season, with the 2 brothers, one was a hairdresser. They were basically nice guys who were trying. Now they're doing the "where are they now" episodes and those, overall, haven't been too great either. I originally liked Erica, though I questioned her looking up the long-lost boyfriend that early in the process...now he's gone and everything is "Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy." People thinking the scales are wrong. Lot of delusion out there.

• Members

Cameron is so sweet and mellow (and gorgeous) and seems absolutely head over heels for Lauren. 

Jessica is just a disaster in a way that makes for great car-crash viewing.

Please register in order to view this content

I won’t say anymore because...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Just finished Hollywood on Netflix. I was really surprised that I actually enjoyed something that Ryan Murphy has done. I wrote him off after he trashed Nip Tuck and couldn't get into Glee; however, his latest works, Hollywood and Pose have both been great. I guess he does stellar work when he has other people to prevent him from veering off to the wayside.