What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That promo video was GREAT! No stuck-up pretension, no desperate attempts to be funny, just genuine excitement. Seeing all of those people took me right back to middle school lol

The Parkers was my favorite, and not one single solitary ounce of me expected to see Mo'Nique or Countess in this lol. Glad they were able to get the others, for however briefly they appeared (RIP Yvette Wilson - she would have been all over this).

• Members

Jumping into this thread randomly and YES, I agree with this 100%

Looking back, Revenge would've been a perfect Netflix/Hulu limited series. The first season was awesome, and then it went to hell in a hand basket the second season. It had its moments in the 2nd and 3rd year, but once it was revealed Emily's father had been alive all along, Hubby & I were done with it. 

With so much to offer these days, I'm finally getting out of the soap opera wheel of monotony and enjoying a lot of series across multiple platforms. Ones I just recently watched: 

The Morning Show  (loved it)

Big Little Lies  (loved it)

Little Fires Everywhere (loved it - 3 Reese Witherspoon dramas in a row! lol) 

Defending Jacob  (it was pretty good; stars Chris Evans) 

Mrs. America  (just binged the whole thing this past Sunday - great fun) 

The Society  (just finished last night... modern-day Lord of the Flies... very good and will likely have to wait over a year for the 2nd installment) 

What should I do next?  I tend to gravitate towards female oriented domestic dramas.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm missing Dr. Pimple Popper. I've watched some of her youtube videos the past few days.  

I'm getting quite knowledgeable about cysts, lipomas, blackheads and steatocystomas. 

I like the supernatural/mystery/paranormal/scifi stuff so also watching Beyond The Unknown and The UnXplained (Bill Shatner's latest show).

• Members

I'm planning to watch this again.  One of the best pieces of work I've seen in a long time.  I've always been fascinated by Jewish culture so watching this movie was easy.  The young woman (can't remember her name) should have an award created just for her.  

Must see!

• Members

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION Season 4.

Whoa. I knew the show got much better in Season 4 but I did not expect it to take off quite so brilliantly. The conclusion to Picard's kidnapping by the Borgs, the episode about family, Data's brother... Brilliant stuff. And it's FINALLY somewhat serialized. It's like a whole new, better, show.

• Members

Currently watching At Home With the Braithwaites.  Allison Braithwaite wins 38 million in the lottery and decides to create a charity and give the money to folks who need it.  Problem is, she has a husband and 3 kids she doesn't tell about the money.  The family is lower middle class and a few of its members would love to live a bit better.  Dad has an affair but breaks it off before he even learns about the money because he wants his wife and family, so who's worse here.  Mom or dad? 

Love BBC shows and anything created/written by Sally Wainwright is worth a look.  

Also binged a 4 part series on BET Plus called Dark Money.  A British family sends their 13 year old son to the States to film a block buster movie and later discovers he was being abused by the director.  The decisions the family makes initially rips the family apart completely.  Certainly worth a look!  Great performances too

Edited by ChitHappens