What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Barnaby Jones!  Some wonderful kind soul put the series on YT and I'm in heaven.  You can look at Lee Merriweather and see she is beautiful but now I'm seeing the woman was positively stunning!  

Watched and eppy yesterday with Toni Geary and Robert Reed and its no wonder Reed hated The [zero substance] Brady Bunch so much.  I saw how magnificent he was in Roots.  His character was absolutely disgusting but I will be damned if Reed didn't damn near convince me, as a kid, why slaves should not be allowed to learn to read.  He was THAT good. 

He was so good in this eppy of Barnaby!

• Members

Yep.  As EP's and showrunners, Patricia Green and Rick Wallace were so bad that Kelley and Bochco had to return at mid-season as consultants.  Then, Steven Bochco stayed on as EP (while Kelley left again) until the seventh season, when he hired "St. Elsewhere" vets John Masius & John Tinker to be the show's new showrunners.  IIRC, they incorporated the L.A. riots into the storylines.  Masius & Tinker were/are great writer/producers, but totally wrong for "L.A. Law."  Subsequently, ratings were so bad that the show had to go on hiatus.  William M. Finkelstein, who'd worked on the show during the Kelley era, was brought back to fix things.  Finkelstein did improve "L.A. Law," but by that point, with so much cast turnover, I think viewers had moved on.

• Members

Thanks for the info. I can tell in Season 5 the turnover is about to begin with Sheila Kelley and Amanda Donohoe. While, five episodes in Abby (Michele Greene) gets the least focus (Although, I did enjoy the episode when she defends the couple who wants to send their adoptive son back into state custody. 

Edited by Forever8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok!  Have I got a gem for you guys...  Grantchester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Image result for grantchester

I love my British dramas and this one is just excellent.  I followed James Norton, the lead, from Happy Valley.  Hated his psycho character but he was amazing in HV.  He plays the town Vicar caught up in crime solving with the local police sergeant, played by Robson Green.  This is the first I've seen of Green but I will now be searching for his other projects.  He's is really good.  His character leaves a lot to be desired but the acting is top notch!  

Fantastic series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!