What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On Season 2 of Crikey! It's The Irwins. I've never really sat and watched them or even Crocodile Hunter. But I got the urge to see cute and even not-so-cute animals in Australia. Now I'm kind of envious of what they get to be around every day. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

How was THE WATCHMEN? And Season 1 of the Handmaid's Tale? If you don't mind me asking.

Meanwhile, I just got done with both seasons of SWEETBITTER. Having read the book first as well as working in the restaurant industry, I loved it. It made me miss my restaurant families and the fact that it took place in 2006 pre-sm, internet, etc, was a plus. Hate it was cancelled a year ago come X-mas. Ironically doing NaNoWriMo this year and it is about a restaurant so in my feels. 

THE MAGICIANS SEASON 5 and LOVECRAFT COUNTRY are the next binges for me. And I still working through Season 1 of ROSWELL NEW MEXICO and KRYPTON Season 2. Not to mentioned SUPERGIRL Season 4...me and that season have a love/hate, but I want to be caught up for the last season so...:)

Oh, and...anyone remember the Kevin Williamson show WASTELAND. While it was cancelled on ABC after 3 episodes, it went on to be aired on a Showtime affilate. And that show is on a YT channel so I am watching that. Ahead of its time in some ways.

• Members

@Taoboi

You're in for a treat with Lovecraft Country.  Can't wait to read your thoughts.  

I'm finished with LA Law and looking for something new to binge.  I began Carnivale last night but too soon to tell.  It's only 2 seasons, so should I decide to continue, it won't take long before I'm done.  

Any suggestions?  I'm being lazy and don't feel like going too far back in the thread.  

What did you think of Watchmen?  

• Members

I've heard good things about that, released during one of the golden age of peak scif/fantasy/horror tv. Though if I recall Season One was a slow burn but Season Two made it worth it. If I remember correctly. I guess I would ask what do you think about Ronald Moore shows? (some Star Trek, newer Battlestar Galactica, Helix, Roswell Season 2...lol.)

And thank you about Lovecraft Country. I'm excited to start.

• Members

@Taoboi @ChitHappens I ended up really liking Watchmen! I had no clue about the story prior to watching, so the first episode was weird and random. Hubby peaced out after the first episode but I stuck through it and loved it. It was about half-way through the series that I finally pieced it together how it all connected. Regina King was boss as always, and on a shallow note, you get to see quite an eyeful of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II 

Please register in order to view this content

I recommend! 

I'm really loving The Handmaid's Tale too. If the thing that currently occupies the White House had been re-elected, I'd probably feel a different way while watching it, but I am enjoying it. It's one of those shows where you look forward to all the flashbacks because it helps paint a full picture about how they got to where they are today. Another one I recommend! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Starting In The Heat of The Night and I'm not gonna kid myself and say I'm watching this dreary show other than to see massive Bubba Skinner in his tight uniform!  Yowza!!!!!

S3E1 Althea's rape.  Wow!  Ann Marie Johnson is top tier!  Not sure which hit me harder.  Althea sitting in spilled groceries in shock as she attempts to "clean" it up or Bubba, her husband's co worker, walking into that scene.  It always hits me!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If you’re like me and you love Rock en Español (Soda Stereo, Café Tacvba, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Aterciopelados), or you have an interest in Latin American history since the ‘60s, this is wonderful six-part documentary on Netflix with lots of interviews, concert and archival footage, etc.

• Members

I started binging "The Masked Singer" from the beginning. I'd never seen the show up until a few days ago. I finished season 1 and just started season 2. Cute and crazy idea and basically a fun watch, even if I've never heard of some of the celebrities or guesses the judges make. The judges can be a bit tiresome at times (I particularly want to tell Ken to stfu at times because he beats a joke to death, skins it, and crushes the bones.) I was able to guess a few of them, though. Yeah, it's silly but it's in good fun and the celebrities seem to be getting a kick out of it.