What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members

Revenge is the poster child for "shoulda been a mini-series." There was literally no good story for those characters after the initial revenge arc. The first season was wonderful as starting with the episodic plots that slowly melted into a serialized end, but then they came back for another year and clearly had no idea wtf they were doing.

Brothers and Sisters...I recall liking it in the beginning but being turned off by how unrelatable the characters were. I don't particularly care for earnest family drama about rich people.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on season 3 of Ozark. The first season is slow. Takes it sweet time setting things up. But by the end of the first season things start getting good. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney really ground the series. It's way to overhyped. but it's still an entertaining show. The cast is solid. Aside from an overhyped Tom Pelphrey. Doing the same #$@&%*! he did on GL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

SKINS. Making my way through Season 2.

Sid telling Tony in the club about his father's death was STUNNING. Beyond words. I cried so much. It's wonderful what they've been doing with Tony's redemption. He was such a conniving little sociopath and now he's been made to suffer. I really love Sid, Chris, Cassie, and Michelle. I don't feel like they're giving Maxxie and Anwar proper time or development. The Season 2 opener came close for Maxxie but still.

I am embarrassed to admit how long it took me to realize I was watching younger Gendry and Gilly!

• Members

Skins was my jam initially. Crazy how many stars that show created: Dev Patel, Nicholas Hoult, Daniel Kaluuya, Jack O’Connell, Kaya Scodelario, Hannah Murray and Joe Dempsie (from GoT).

For some reason, I think about the musical sequence a lot:

• Members

I adore Skins so very much! I might have to give those first two series another watch again soon just to see how it hits me this time around. I originally watched as a teen, and I was in love with Tony, and I believed in the fantasy of Tony/Maxxie, but my god, one prolonged experience with a sociopath in real life made me detest the character beyond words. Just the thought of him makes my stomach turn a little. Sid, however, is an angel.

Nick Hoult is wonderful, though. He was the breakout star of The Great.

• Members

Did I mention how much I adore Effy? For someone so little focused on, she's GREAT. The actress has a lot to do with it.

Effy: My art course work. It's on the subject of emotion and you seem quite... emotional. So you can do it for me.

Sid: And?

Effy: Oh, for chrissake. I'll sort out your [!@#$%^&*] soap opera.

Sid: You will?!

Effy: Just this once.

Please register in order to view this content

It really did! It's kinda crazy when you think about it. But not surprising considering how well acted it is. It's one of those shows like Oz or GOT able to create long-lasting stars.

I can totally see how I would be in love with Tony if I had seen this as a teenager first! But I suppose the discovery of this is the point. When you watch for the first time in your 30s, however, you can definitely see the issues from the beginning, but thankfully the show does too.

• Members

Oh no, poor Ephram! I understand him, annoying as he can be.

You reminded me to finish my rewatch of Season 1. I only ever saw the first two seasons, so eventually I'll get to "new" episodes.

The season-long arc of Colin's coma and then tumultuous recovery is SUCH a great story, and quite unique to this genre. To think the WB/CW used to do shows like these. Compare it to RIVERDALE and it's like 

Please register in order to view this content

Looking forward to rewatching Marcia Cross' run on the show. I barely remember anything about it.