What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was especially touched by the vet who had the dry, scaly skin all over his body and she had him do the wet wraps with Vaseline. He was so much improved when he returned and was so happy. He even danced with Dr. Lee. Makes you wonder if/why no other doctor ever suggested the moisture wraps; something relatively easy (compared to a medical procedure, that is). And his military manners...he was older than all the medical staff there and kept saying "yes, ma'am." He seems like such a sweetheart. I'm glad he has his son to help him.

Edited by applcin

• Members

Watched an 8 hour miniseries with Richard Gere and Helen McCrory called MotherFatherSon.  A political drama and the role the press plays.  Wonderful!  Its on Starz from 2019.

Also just finished A World Without End (2012), a medieval drama.  Incredible!  

Currently on Sex Education (Netflix) and if there is a more inclusive show on tv now or ever, please point me in that direction.  Really good show with an incredible cast!  

Once upon a time, I'd never watch anything as gross as this, but when I came across DPP on YT a few years ago, my jaw dropped.  It's really amazing what the human body holds.  I was super happy when she got a tv show, but now I don't have cable 

Please register in order to view this content

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm about 4 dozen episodes into Dark Shadows. I've been ff-ing some because the Burke/Roger/Sam/Carolyn stuff is so redundant. Miserable, scared folks who argue and drink, argue and drink some more.  I'd heard the early part of the series wasn't very exciting. I'm still finding the acting theatrical and somewhat stilted. Although, it has been nice to watch a young Louis Edmonds, pre-AMC. I read that he was a cut-up, very funny and totally unlike Roger. Joel Crothers looks different enough that I'm not thinking about Miles Cavanaugh. But I hope it moves onto something else soon, other than just talk about Burke. I guess I'm also kind of comparing it to the debut episode of Ryan's Hope, which kicked off with a character falling down the stairs, an election campaign, the start of Jack & Mary's romance. I'm waiting for stuff to actually happen with DS, instead of just talk. So far, the only active event has been Roger's car accident, although it seems to be leading up to a bad event for Bill Malloy at this point.

Edited by applcin

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm nearly halfway through The Yellow Rose and really enjoying it. I was always of the impression that it was a Dallas clone, and obviously it was inspired by the primetime soap trend of the time, but I would never compare it to any of the others. I would actually say that it's more akin to the classic family westerns of the 60s like The Big Valley and The High Chaparral. I'm sensing a soapier turn coming up, which I'm fine with it, but I hope they manage to blend the two genres well.