What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members

Yeah, I was noticing Stargate SG1 fans seemed to love the addition of Browder and Black in the last 2 seasons. But I watched neither show while it was still in production so I didn't know who they were when they came along on SG1. Didn't really care for either of their characters on SG1 or those couple of seasons, for that matter.
As for Farscape, I did like their characters better there but the show itself, at least the first season, just didn't have a strong enough appeal for me to continue with it. And I wasn't that keen on the Henson Creature Shop muppets as regular characters. 

Not giving up on Bones just yet. I think I generally get somewhat turned off when characters are written with an attitude of "let me show you how smart, snarky and narcissistic I can be", which seems to be so prevalent the last decade or so. And this show seems to have several of them. And...every time I hear her being called "Bones", I think of Capt. Kirk and Dr. McCoy. 

Edited by applcin

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, to be fair...FARSCAPE doesn't get kicking until the last 4 episodes of Season 1. I too wasn't into it when it first started. Until I saw all those promo about this 4 part finale and the introduction of Scorpious as a deliciously bad (and leather clad) antagonist for our hero. His long game against Critchon was the main arc of Season 2 and worth the journey. But the potential started around the 'they took Pilot's arm in order to get home' episode and then it snowballed. Season 2 got by on being remixed sci-fi tropes before it took pushed into crazy new territory and darkness to me. Even though for pure creativity and drive I would say Season 3 was the best. 

He really was...and then they started putting him in leather pants all the time and it was just...wow.

Not feeling guilty at all for the main times I've rewinded for the camera angle I suspect they purposely did of him in them in a late Season 3 episode. lol.

• Members

I'm sad applcin stopped, because, indeed, the show takes off at the end of Season 1 and becomes truly something wonderful to behold. Great characters added, strong story arcs with things becoming more serialized, a strong villain, LOTS of creativity and playing around with tropes. Halfway through Season 3 now and I love it more than ever. I would suggest at least watching the second season -- if it doesn't hook you in, then the show really isn't for you. LOL 

Outrageously hot man. Those leather pants were one of the best costuming decisions made on any show.

Indeed.

• Members

Scorpius was actually one of the things that had me ff-ing so he's not a selling point for me, lol. I got as far as the first 1 or 2 episodes of season 2 but still wasn't feeling it. At some future point, who knows...took me more than one attempt to like The Orville, for instance, which I had turned off in about 30 minutes of the premiere. I also had no familiarity with Seth M's work. But, somewhere between the potty humor, actual episodes about pottying and Seth's somewhat heavy-handed attempts at stating his stance on things, things started to morph for me...or the show morphed enough to make up for the clunky stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, I wouldn't go that far.  

What do you mean you don't want him to see the Season of Death (aka Season 3)? lol. But I understand. I cannot begin to tell you how much Season 3 drove me creatively when it was airing live. After not liking it to seeing it push my mind creatively was all kinds of a 180. I loved that they took old sci-fi tropes and turned it on its head throughout in Season 2. 

I remember converting an ex of mine and we got to Season 3, episode 4 and I was expecting him to cry due to what happened. Instead, it was him consoling me, something I barely reacted to the first time I was balling now. lol. 

Re: leather pants. Last scene Season 3 Into the Lion's Den Part 1. YW.

While BB is showing his age and acting it now (well, he is a good ole country boy IRL and always had been), yep, he could still get it. lol. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

We were huge fans of BABYLON 5, own the DVD set and have seen it multiple times. We were huge fans of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, own the DVD set and have watched it multiple times. I have the full version DVD set of CAGNEY & LACEY. I loved watching GENTLEMAN JACK. I loved watching FosseVerdon & was thoroughly amazed that Michelle Williams has come so far that she seemed to be channeling Gwen Verdon! Just got through streaming BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY & then VITA & VIRGINIA. I had previously seen A STAR IS BORN with Lady Gaga and then QUEEN. Right now I am looking forward to next week when NBC comes back on Wednesday nights & Thursday night. I streamed something else on Amazon Prime but I am a total blank on the title, even though I liked it very much & met its creator on Facebook.

Oh, I know what it was! It was a 'little' flick called SNAPSHOTS that was another on Prime Video.

Edited by Donna B
Add 1 movie.