What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I just started the first half dozen or so episodes of the original Dark Shadows (I had only ever seen the brief 1990s remake). I've heard things are kind of slow in the beginning. So far I'm just having fun spotting the familiar faces....although I didn't even recognize Joel Crothers looking very unlike Miles Cavanaugh.The acting so far seems to comes across very theatrical, as if they are on stage doing a play in front of an audience.

• Members

My siblings and I saw this when it initially aired in the 80s and went bananas.  I was so happy that some lovely soul uploaded all 600+ eppies.  Six years ago, I got to about 110.  

I am positive you'd love it.  Look out for Lizzie (Sheila Florance), who's outstanding and Bea (Val Lehman), who runs it.  VL is an exceptional actress!  The other players are wonderful too.  Also, look out for the attorney, Steve Miller (forget the actor's name), but his voice will make your clothes magically fall off!  

• Members

Two Aussie shows on Dailymotion. 

The Block, a big brother/hgtv hybrid where couples live in a block of houses, renovate the houses, and then auction them off.  The homes are lovely and the casting is charming. 

Also, Playing for Keeps, a Footballer's Wives type soap about WAGs of Aussie Footballers, less camp but still funny with a Rebel Wilson type as the new wife providing us entry into the drama.

• Members

--The Doctors (vintage NBC soap; currently watching eps from 1968)

--The latest seasons of Chicago Med, Fire, P.D.; Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder

--Law & Order: SVU (season three, I am YEARS behind, LOL)

--This is Us (the end of season two, sob), downloading season three eps to catch up

Where is The Edge of Night streaming? I'd love to watch that again, if I can enjoy the Henry Slesar episodes rather than the dreadful Lee Sheldon garbage.

• Members

Homecoming on Amazon Prime has piqued my interest. The cinematography is excellent; this is a perfect series to use the X-ray feature.

I'm also rewatching A Different World. Interesting how season one was essentially an anomaly and the series went off of its original path in terms of characters. It reminds me of Facts of Life in that way.