Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
applcin

What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

 

Shonda may as well wear a sign that says "no need to watch after S1".  Her shows turn horrible really fast!  

Now you know I love you for your excellent taste in older men, but...NO. lol.

 

She usually goes off the rails around Season 3. GREY'S and SCANDAL had great second seasons from what I remember. I would say that about HTGAWM as well. 

 

Maybe you meant Ryan Murphy? :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

Now you know I love you for your excellent taste in older men, but...NO. lol.

 

She usually goes off the rails around Season 3. GREY'S and SCANDAL had great second seasons from what I remember. I would say that about HTGAWM as well. 

 

Maybe you meant Ryan Murphy? :)

 

 

 

lol.  Nah, Shonda is terrible after 1 season.  But I can't mistake her for Murphy, who can't resist going off the rails mid season 1.  

 

I don't even [!@#$%^&*] with Shonda any longer because I know I will be disappointed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

I was gonna say, Murphy cuts up after five episodes. Every time.

 

You can set your watch to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

 

lol.  Nah, Shonda is terrible after 1 season.  But I can't mistake her for Murphy, who can't resist going off the rails mid season 1.  

 

I don't even [!@#$%^&*] with Shonda any longer because I know I will be disappointed.  

Hahahaha. You don't even give Murphy a full season. Daaaaaaaaaaarn.

 

But I still see see GH and SCANDAL Season 2 as great season...especially SCANDAL's season 2 given what He Who Shall Not Be Named is doing in office trying everything he can to steal the election.

 

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm rewatching Dawson's Creek with a friend who's never watched it, and I forgot how much I missed Capeside.

And because it can never be said enough - Tamara Jacobs was dumb as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brothers and Sisters.  I forgot how much I loved this show and I'm stunned that I still loathe Justin!  Usually, the 2nd time around, my feelings change.  Not on this!

 

Dreading the moment mediocre Van Camp shows up but there are just things in which I have zero control.  

 

Flockhart and Van Camp on the same show?  Who hates an audience this much?!  Thank goodness B&S had Fields, Rhys, Griffiths and Getty to balance it out.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

Brothers and Sisters.  I forgot how much I loved this show and I'm stunned that I still loathe Justin!  Usually, the 2nd time around, my feelings change.  Not on this!

 

Dreading the moment mediocre Van Camp shows up but there are just things in which I have zero control.  

 

Flockhart and Van Camp on the same show?  Who hates an audience this much?!  Thank goodness B&S had Fields, Rhys, Griffiths and Getty to balance it out.   

I've always wondered if that was a good show. I saw so much promotion of it but could never find the time to watch. So a good show then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

I've always wondered if that was a good show. I saw so much promotion of it but could never find the time to watch. So a good show then? 

 

Oh yeah!  You just have to suspend disbelief and imagine 2 hot successful men chasing a grown woman with the body of a 12 year old zombie.  And of course, Van Camp plays Van Camp.  Zero range , but if you enjoy mediocre overrated blondes, she's your girl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, B&S never knew if it wanted to be a Zwick/Herskovitz family drama or a political show or a quirky dramedy (like its Desperate Housewives lead-in) or a balls-to-the-wall dishy soap (ditto), sometimes within the same episode, and it did all of those things poorly. The writing never lived up to the *incredible* caliber of that cast. Feels like a huge waste.

 

You know, I actually liked EVC on the early episodes of Revenge. Another waste. Should have been a limited series, but that was before those were fashionable.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brothers and Sisters was SO good, especially the first few seasons.  I remember reading about some behind the scenes drama with maybe the lead EP or creator - anyway, you could tell something happened and the latter few seasons were not nearly as good.  Similar to Revenge, for me... the first 2-3 seasons were so good, and then something just happened and it got stale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revenge was a convoluted mess that should have been a mini series.  Each week, whatsherface had a new person she needed to get revenge on.  Then when it's time to bring everything to a head, they add another person.  Of course, there's EVC to bore the [!@#$%^&*] out of everyone 🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also felt like B&S pulled their punches with Kitty, never really going there with her as a conservative. They wanted her to be a sweeter, less self-absorbed Ally McBeal. I loathed Calista and Rob Lowe together. That was definitely a show I hate-watched to the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...