What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On the last three episodes of Season 5 of LA LAW and I'm realizing the quality is already going down this season. 

Let's put three new characters onto the series at the same time... Why? 

I think I like Tommy the best so far. Zoey feels like she is replacing Grace by being the ADA with a social conscious and CJ is all right in some instances. 

Though I did like the firm coming together when Benny had his mental breakdown. 

Also, I see why Michele Green left this season. They hardly gave her anything but to be curious about pursuing something CJ. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I'm trying to watch The Expanse but 6 episodes in I find it mostly boring and the only story track I haven't ff-ed is Holden & crew. If the whole series is like this, I'm probably going to watch 1/3 of each episode until even that becomes not worth it anymore.

Also started Sanctuary because of Amanda Tapping. I'm only a couple of episodes in...not feeling this one much either but at least I'm not ff-ing whole chunks of it.

I don't know, maybe I just like my sci-fi less dark and gritty.

• Members
On 2/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, Forever8 said:

Finally on LA Law - Season 6 

More on my thoughts of the first episode of the season when I'm done watching it. 

I'm on Episode 9 of Season 6 and WTF did I just witnessed? Leland and Grace kissing. It felt like they didn't know what to do with Susan Dey/Grace at all. They should've just written her out at the end of the season with Victor and Michael. 

When I collect myself more I will discuss some more. 

• Members
On 2/9/2021 at 6:34 PM, applcin said:

I'm trying to watch The Expanse but 6 episodes in I find it mostly boring and the only story track I haven't ff-ed is Holden & crew. If the whole series is like this, I'm probably going to watch 1/3 of each episode until even that becomes not worth it anymore.

Also started Sanctuary because of Amanda Tapping. I'm only a couple of episodes in...not feeling this one much either but at least I'm not ff-ing whole chunks of it.

I don't know, maybe I just like my sci-fi less dark and gritty.

I meant to get back to you sooner, but yeah...Season 1 is slllow. It really doesn't click until Season 2 and by Episode 5, it does not let up except for one episode in Season 3. I haven't seen the last two seasons (I don't have Amazon Prime so I have Season 4 on hold by dvd and Season 5 just ended...which is based off of a popular book in the series). But it is definitely worth sticking in. 

6 hours ago, applcin said:

Five episodes into Sliders. Now this one looks like it's gonna be a fun ride! And it's cool to already see so many guest actors I recognize from the Stargate universe.

Also a great series, but I'm an uberfan. It was part of the reason I seriously started to write. I liked history when I was younger so all the alternate history interested me. Season 1 and 2 are great seasons. Season 3 was the last with the creator and was good for the most part as well. Season 4 and 5 (the Sci-Fi Channel years) are a different beast. I liked them for the most part and been curious to see if they would hope up now that I'm older. 

• Members

I just binged The Undoing. It was very good! It's only 6 episodes, so it was simple. I don't know what Nicole Kidman is doing to her lips and face, but she needs to stop. She also needs to stop playing roles where she's the mother of a 10 year old. She's been doing that for last 20+ years. 

Even though I binged The Handmaid's Tale last November, I'm rewatching it again; into the 3rd season already. I can't wait for this and You to return this year. 

• Members
On 2/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, Gray Bunny said:

I just binged The Undoing. It was very good! It's only 6 episodes, so it was simple. I don't know what Nicole Kidman is doing to her lips and face, but she needs to stop. She also needs to stop playing roles where she's the mother of a 10 year old. She's been doing that for last 20+ years. 

Even though I binged The Handmaid's Tale last November, I'm rewatching it again; into the 3rd season already. I can't wait for this and You to return this year. 

You know I will want your thoughts on the ending over on the UNDOING thread.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

LA Law - Season 7 

Lawd! I'm only on the first episode already. But whoever idea was to have Dan Castellaneta in this damn Homer Simpson Costume in which he isn't even playing himself nor a voice actor makes no damn sense to me. 

Eureka - Season 3 

Edited by Forever8

• Members
5 hours ago, Forever8 said:

LA Law - Season 7 

Lawd! I'm only on the first episode already. But whoever idea was to have Dan Castellaneta in this damn Homer Simpson Costume in which he isn't even playing himself nor a voice actor makes no damn sense to me.

Trust me: it only gets worse (and I say that as a fan of John Masius and John Tinker's).