DAYS: February 2014 Discussion

• Members

Thoughts for the week

1) I seriously CAN NOT handle another round of Danifer. The last round I ended up FFing so much of it, because I couldn't stomach it. Now we have JJ propping Daniel. It's just so wrong. Daniel is not a "golden boy" legacy character that they are tying to make him... he is a cheap expendable, under developed character who is a pseudo-legacy character due to an ignorant history re-write. There are REAL legacy characters out there who should be driving story on this show (Paging Jeremy Horton, Mike Horton, Shawn D. Brady, Phillip Kirikias, heck.. even Chad DiMera!) I can not tolerate more Danifer. It brings down Jennifer, it's practically destroyed Maggie for me, I do NOT want it to bring down JJ for me. Please get this one note character OFF my screen!

2) I did really enjoy the Sami/Lucas/Will/Sonny scenes. It was good to see Guy interact with Bryan and Ali more. I know the jury is still somewhat out on Guy, but I am really liking him. He is a good actor - and seems to have a good grip on the character of Will. (Loved Sami's line to Will "You always were the grown up of the family."

3) Continuing to love EJ/Abby- I mean this show is gonna have them making out and hooking up on every set possible before this affair is over.. Horton Cabin, Hospital storage room, the shower, Jenn's office... I mean about the only set left is the Horton House living room!!

4) It was good to see Liam this week - However I don't want to see him if he is just going to be a Dannifer prop. It would be great to see him be the "good guy" and Daniel be a jerk to Jennifer leading to Daniel's exit from town.

5) Line of the Week : Lucas talking to Kate "She's gonna grab you by that blue streak and pull it right out of your head!" haha

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally started watching DAYS again... I haven't even come close to liking any of the non actors that have played Will. It makes me detest the character because the actors are not only horrendous but none of them are even attractive. I never thought Chandler Massey was good looking. Neither was the first actor that played Will, or Guy Lucas. Ugh!

Ashley Benson's Abby was the better Abby by far. EJ is a pig but I don't know why he would even look at Abby twice.

Gabi is a twit! Camila Banus is only slightly better here than she was on OLTL. I think Alison Sweeney looked better as a blonde but maybe it's just that I'm so used to her blonde hair.

Ugh, Jen Lilley! Yet another actress I dislike so much.

It's weird seeing Jack Jr. as a teen now. I still remember so much of 2005 and 2006 with him just being a baby! I should be used to soaps playing fast and loose with kids ages!

I don't get the appeal of Daniel. Shawn Christian looks like an unattractive bum who tans too much.

The only story I'm really interested in right now is Eric/Nicole/Brady, even though Eric Martsolf often came across as smarmy on both Passions and on Days. Also still interested in what's going on with Hope.

• Members

Glad to see Days return to Aussie TV!! That has to mean some extra revenue for the show (maybe to help with the loss of the SoapNet airings?!)

I don't know if anyone else remembers this: but I remember seeing an interview with Deidre, Drake, and Ken Corday on Aussie TV while Days was still airing there (I'm thinking this was like 2005-08ish) and the interviewer was saying how impressed he was with the location shots Days had done over the years ( Jack/Jenn's wedding, Bo/Hope in New Orleans, etc) and he asked, seriously, if Days would ever film in Australia - Dee and Drake answered first and gave the customary "please the audience" answers of "oh we would love that.. Maybe someday... that would be great" and just the look on Ken's face and he quickly chimed in after the DHs and said "Oh - sadly those can't happen anymore. The budget just doesn't allow for it." But you could tell he was getting nervous about the budget with even just the thought being brought up! hahaha

• Members

Z2MOneM.jpg

Me too and WTF is she wearing?

Abby...what a little twit. She has no idea what she's getting herself into

JJ is so annoying now. Over him. Cant stand the Devareux clan.

The best part so far was Sami and Marlena vs Nicole. LMAO at Nicole calling her "Mar" and the bitchy stank look Marlena gave her telling her not to call her that again

• Members

Eric and Caroline - BEAUtiful!

Also liked Nicole/Marlena/Sami today. I like Sami's hair more now. I was so used to her blonde hair! And Marlena looked BEAUtiful today! It's a blast seeing Nicole face off against Sami and Marlena.

Too bad their scenes were ruined by Theresa. Really don't like Jen Lilley. I'm not sure if I'd rather see her or Kirsten Storms, since some people love debating them. And when Eric said he was quitting the priesthood, Theresa's dismissive "OK" was annoying as hell. The way she delivers her lines...ugh.

EJ and Abby have no chemistry at all. And as much as I dislike Abby (and Kate Mansi who has drained the life out of the character), EJ is reprehensible. No matter how hot I think James Scott is!!

Never thought I'd actually miss Jennifer/Jack, but Jen/Daniel (or "Dannifer") is just that awful. Why was Shawn Christian cast? He doesn't try and he's not even remotely attractive. Jen singing Daniel's praises was rough to watch.

• Members

Ugh. Sami better not get the kids a pet bunny anytime soon. I am not liking how pathetic they're making Abby look with this. Same with Nicole. Did she have to SHRED the evidence?

Also, Dannifer can go to hell. Not here for that. Having said this, if Liam indeed turns out to be Peter, I might be able to buy into their story for awhile. Especially with Kristen coming back in the summer. That would be an EXCELLENT family dynamic to go back to.

• Members

Please recast Theresa. Send her off with Dannifer. Sad, cuz I used to love Missy Reeves. As for Theresa, replaceher with someone who can act, like Kelley Missal, Lindze Letherman, just please replace non-actress Jenn Lilley. She stunk as Maxie[GH] and she's chewing on the scenery here.

Peggy McCay is just simply one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived