DAYS: February 2014 Discussion

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh, Nicole wouldn't be Nicole if she had told Eric the truth.

Love the way Nick is so nonchalant about bringing up the murder - the way he unexpectedly brought it up at first was great. Gabi is still dumb but I totally buy her being easily manipulated by Nick. In fact, I was surprised he didn't already have her on his team in the space of an episode.

I really hope they don't brush EJ/Abby aside as a thing that happened purely because EJ couldn't have sex with Sami - it would be a waste of a very interesting dynamic. Also hate when Will is used to excessively prop/cheer for Ejami ugh.

I like the Hope/Aiden stuff too. Its typical rom-com fodder - what with Hope being feisty and lovable and him being cold and guarded - but I'm into that kind of stuff so. Their scenes are always so, so short though. I'm assuming he's going to be the lawyer at JJ's case so maybe that'll result in more lengthy interaction.

• Members

I get that they need to set up future conflict for them, but I didn't like that Nicole didn't give Eric the proof she found. I would rather the conflcit have been she did show him and perhaps it caused him to stick with the priesthood for a bit longer or something. She's been saying all along that she wanted to find the proof even if it meant she could never be with him, but I guess when it came to fruition it was too hard for her to risk not being with Eric. That will she/won't she tell him about the proof was dragged out way too long this week.

• Members

Just watched Thursday and Friday back to back - great episodes and the show seems back on track after a string of bad episodes.

I've never wanted to slap a soap character as much as I want to slap some sense in Nicole. She must be the most frustrating soap character I have ever encountered - it's like she is winning the race for once after coming last the previous 100 times, only to wipe out flat on her face on the final hurdle. How can so much insecurity drive so many bad decisions? And bad decisions that are so devastating for other people (kidnapping Sami's baby, framing Jennifer, choosing not to clear Eric's name etc.). I really hope she reconsiders - she deserves to loose Eric otherwise. So frustrating, but in a way kinda knew she would always fuckitup. Urrrgh!

Those Wilson scenes were really well written. Never thought we'd be hearing about EM Forster and 'Maurice' on Daytime tv! When I was a teenager, I was given a "complete" set of his novels except there was no Maurice included (and this was in the early 1990's). It only had Where Angels Fear to Tread, Longest Journey, Room with a View, Howard's End and Passage to India. I was shocked to learn there was another novel many years laters, so I kind of liked Sonny mentioning that!

Loved the Deveraux's together at the court house today. I wonder if JJ and Theresa are now gong to be unbundled since they are now in a state of mutually assured destruction? Kind of hoping for Brady and Theresa.

Nick and Gabi/Kate/Sami and Mr Wiggles Ruggles were great too. I loved when Sami told Gabi to grow up. She should of pre-qualified it as a different type of growing up from what is required of Sami however...

I'm glad that the last 3 episodes have been awesome - I was a bit worried because I wasn't enjoying that slump with Dr Chaka Khan and Friar Fat.

• Members

Thoughts on a good week!

1) I'm kind of surprised that Days didn't do some big reveal storyline during these Olympics weeks. I remember when Days aired during the (2008 was it) Olympics ratings surged up HUGE - so I am hoping for an upswing these two weeks... however I know in most markets the Olympics is airing after Days with Days being the lead in to the Olympics with some affiliates having to adjust timeslots. Anyway, at least the show is really good - and hopefully we can pick up some Olympics viewers!

2) Kate hiding under Jordan's bed and being allergic to the cat and then Jordan's joke on Rafe about "Arthur" the cat was really good!

3) I love how Days is showing the viewers text messages.. this week with Kate and Lucas ( and previously with Sami, Will, Sonny) It adds a good modern day twist to the storytelling.

4) I LOVED the Will/Marlena scenes! Guy did such a good job (and of course Deidre did as well!) They did SO good at preserving the Will/Marlena connection. I was really worried about that with the Will recast but they did amazing!

5) Seeing Julie is great! But it is odd that we're not seeing Doug at all? I know there has been speculation about Bill's health since he is in his 80s... doesn't he make pretty frequent Twitter updates though? Anyone have any thoughts? I really hope Bill is doing well!

6) Mansi is ROCKING it! Rocking my socks off! She has improved so much since she started on the show

7) Kate/Sami/Gabi continued to be amazing! I love Percy Ruggles and "Greetings!" and I love that they showed how he saved Nick. It was great to see some progression in story with Nick knowing the truth. The writing has been amazing (especially the dialogue). I love how Gabi is torn between siding with Nick and sticking with Sami/Kate

8) It is SO refreshing to see Lucas in a storyline of his own where he does not revolve around Sami's orbit. Don't get me wrong - I love Lumi scenes.. but he and Sheryl are so refreshing and seem like a breath of fresh air!

9) What's another breath of fresh air? Hope having a storyline! I'm really liking Aiden/Hope and how they are writing this story and how it is such a slow buildup! Amazing! Now the only thing we need is an explanation of what's up with Bo. :)

10) Instead of a 'line of the week' I'm giving a 'Thank you of the Week'... Thank You to Ralph Waite!! He did such a great job of playing Father Matt. He will be greatly missed! I really hope the writers make a mention of Father Matt's passing. Maybe Eric (or Nicole even) getting his rosary beads or something symbolic.

• Members

Wait, they had scenes talking about Maurice?

Really??

I will have to find these scenes.

That was one of the first movies I ever saw that didn't have gay men as pathetic or asexual or damaged, and said they could have a happy ending. It never gets enough attention.

The book has some differences, but also has some powerful moments.

Who wrote that episode?

• Members

I watched Bill (and Susan) co-host a telethon in January. Bill seemed as spry as ever. Even sang a few songs. He was tweeting just last week, reminiscing about working with both Sid Caesar and Shirley Temple. He's also said he's started a sequel to the novel he and Susan wrote. So, considering he's 88 years old, he's doing very well!

Archived