DAYS: February 2014 Discussion

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been obvious that Greetings! Man saved Nick from the river.

I wonder if Nick took the photos of Abby and EJ on Smith Island. It puts a whole different spin on his awkward creepy encounter with Abby - like he wanted to tell her to get off her judmental Horton high horse.

Kate seems to be at a loss what to do about Nick. Her greed also clouds her judgement.

• Members

Carried from the previous thread:

It doesn't make sense that EJ would sign over everything he owned to give Sami her freedom only to be unfaithful to her a few months later. All of that gallantry is invalidated because of his affair with Abby, and it just begs the question of why. Why would EJ devote so much time and energy to backing up Sami if in the end he is just going to blow the relationship over a tryst with her niece? It's not smart and doesn't follow the characters line of thinking or main motivations. The same man that faked amnesia, paralysis and the death of their second child together just to engineer opportunities of being with her and living happily ever after with her now has her and he's sleeping around? What caused this rapid change of thinking? None of what they have shown bridges together this disconnect which is why I said they should have shown the devolution of their relationship in more detail to get from point A to point M or simply to provide some solid basis in regards to motive.

I could have bought that he just slept with Abby to keep her mouth shut about Nick, but with the way James Scott is playing it, he enjoys it too much and EJ comes across as finding any reason to continue the affair. He's having too much fun. But again where did the change come from "I do everything for you and our family Samantha" to "Meet me at the hospital closet on the fourth floor for a roleplay session?"

• Members
Honestly, ej is a cheater. It's the one thing his character has been consistent about.

I don't find it insane that ej has this attraction and interest in Abigail. Who shows him attention, who likes him, who isn't always coming at him with something. It's also possible he's just over Sami, that his obsessive nature of her has passed now that he has honestly has her. Or he's just self destructive. Or he just has gotten caught up and doesn't know what to do.

I think it's an interesting story. I think it's a good story. And I think all three characters are well written in it.

• Members

It IS a good story and again, isn't out of character for any of the characters involved.

Abigail, regardless if you view her as "lacking" the things that drew EJ to become obsessed with Sami for all this time has lit a fire inside of him.

When those two are around each other, they cannot stop looking at one another or try to keep a look of their faces saying, "I want you again!"

Sami's not seeing that look on EJ's face, because she's assuming, that even though they're going through a rough patch, he's not consumed with thoughts of anybody else. Certainly not another woman and that's apart of what's interesting about being open and seeing it from all those three character's viewpoints.

• Members

Exactly! He's not even being portrayed as explicitly over Sami either. Its not like he woke up one day, decided he no longer loved Sami and now wants to spend the rest of his life with Abigail family be damned.

When he's not with Abby - he loves Sami and is frustrated because they can't get past the Kristen stuff but then when he's with Abby, he gets caught up in it all again - whether that's because it serves as escapism from whatever is happening with Sami or because he is genuinely starting to like her or the sex is just really great IDK...

• Members

That's the thing about a lot of affairs out there (and this one seems to have all the hallmarks of being a destructive one because both Abby and EJ simply cannot help themselves): it isn't always logical and rational. It can often be totally OOC for somebody to embark on an affair IRL. The affair is offering them something different outside their usual daily life, where they get to "be" somebody different, secretive for a few hours. Sometimes the affair is about need (what someone may or may not be getting at home), sometimes it is about loneliness or self-esteem, but sometimes it is just about pure physical lust.

Days have really touched on how fleeting and dangerous this affair is, how it is about power games as well as lust, and how both EJ and Abby are out of their comfort zones with this. Yes, EJ has cheated but some of the circumstances here (and Abby herself) are different compared with, say, what happened with Nicole (and Taylor, I guess, though I want to forget that episode ever existed, TBH. It was all so annoying).

Archived