Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm, I remember JP's first year at ATWT which included two "dead" babies, two married couples spltting up because of adultery amd a popular character becoming a drug addict LOL.

What classic romance has JP brought to a soap?

I agree that this is def JG's writing with tweeks by the new Hw's writers, but this is def a JFP story!

• Members

Are you related to Jean in some way? LOL. Better still, are you Jean?? There's just no validity to your overly optimistic opinion that she will bring "steamy romance" in a "big sweeping style" to Genoa City based on her history at other shows. I suppose, being very gracious here, she's had marginal successes throughout her career, but when people list talented, innovative, provocative soap head writers her name never appears, mainly because she isn't one. She has no history with Y&R. She's a highly unimaginative choice to put in the top spot of a show that needs a strong, singular vision (and not JFP's vision). Why you continue to wax on about her as if she's the second coming of Bill Bell is a puzzle.

• Members

You're opinion, of course. But the Spencer family feels like a strong addition to B&B's canvas to me. DD has created dynamic character in Bill Spencer, and Heather Tom is killing it as Katie. I even think Caroline works, especially as a more comedic foil to Maya's dour character. The show's had to shift focus, losing Stephanie, Ridge, Taylor and Steffy, all core characters. But it hasn't suffered ratings-wise. If anything, B&B's numbers are stronger, at least in households. I doubt any other soap could lose four leading characters in the space of six to eight months and be doing as well.

• Members

I see alot of praise for BM's performance today but I wasnt feeling it at all. His acting felt so fake and forced. AH came off more genuine than him.

MTS's baby voice was on nerves today. I felt bad for Johnny having to listen to Nikki's monologue about her son.

I wonder how many days will pass for Jill is brought in to redeem the acting in this story.

Archived