Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe only in the beginning?

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/05/04/deep-soap-have-the-daytime-emmys-found-a-new-home/

“The Young & the Restless” is in Creative Trouble

The Young & the Restless” needs an intervention. The highest rated daytime soap has been in a protracted downward spiral. Each episode I wait for a storyline or even a scene that will engage me. What’s even more frustrating is that there are some potentially interesting plots, but they are paced so poorly, with all of the important beats missing, that they have no emotional impact."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/11/23/deep-soap-soap-reasons-to-be-thankful/

The Young & the Restless” hit a creative nadir earlier this year. Between the sensationalistic plots, the rushed romances, and the longtime characters who were suddenly written like completely different people, the number one soap opera was not living up to its own standard. Fortunately, Sony finally decided to take action, replacing showrunner Maria Bell with headwriter Josh Griffith and executive producer Jill Farren Phelps. Right now, on a day to day basis, I find the show dull. That’s a big improvement over offensively bad."

• Members

I don't even care that Delia died, honestly, the show has bigger problems that have existed for years.

Delia might have died unnecessarily, but I won't pretend this was some important character that was well-established. Yes, her last name was Abbott, but so what? People are acting like this storyline is the only thing wrong on the show.

Archived