Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And what age group are lily and Devon in? What about Tyler? Noah's new BFF. Billy has been aged horribly with this association with Victoria. And Kevin is a manchild, I will give you that. He is at least 35. But I don't think Chloe is too old for Noah. One thing this discussion does is remind me how fluid ages are on a soap.

You say Noah age range needs beefing up and I disagree. Lily, Devon, Kyle, Tyler, Noah' Hilary, Mason, excluding Billy, Chloe, Adam, and Chelsea whom I would put there (just by knowing when they were born and history). That is more than enough. The 20 something's and early 30 something's can co-mingle...but I don't care to see Victoria, Nick, Avery, or Neil with them at all. These people are over 40.

• Members

Most of the people in the 20s age groups are males. Lily is untouchable because of Cane and the two kids so that leaves Hilary and Abby. That age group could use at least one more female.

And I notice you have a double standard. You want the 20s group to intermix with the 30s group but don't want the characters in their 40s with the ones in their 30s.

• Members

How do you actually know these things? Were you in the OLTL writers' room and witnessed Jean supposedly helping Ron with "attention to detail and structure"? Otherwise, you're making a huge assumption that she had anything to do One Life's creative improvements during its last year. Maybe other writers in the room were more influential than Jean. Maybe Ron hit a creative stride on his own. Maybe, maybe, maybe. There are as many scenarios as the mind can come up with. And yet you seem well connected to what happened with Ron and Jean's working relationship. What gives?

• Members

Nope...I must have not made myself clear. I don't mind the people in their 30's mingling with people in their 40's...what I meant was people in their 20's shouldn't be paired with people in their 40's. Like Neil and Hilary...or Sharon and Kyle. Even Devon and Sharon...Uhm, just no!

I agree that most people in their 20's are males. But that is not just limited to that group. This show is over run with males in general and in every age group.

I don't think lily is untouchable. Cane should be paired with someone in his own age range IMO. he and lily should definitely break up. But I am sure in order for the writers to consider her viable, the twins would have to die.

• Members

Most men in their 20s who are young and having fun like Tyler and Noah aren't going to want to play dad to twins. They had to pretend those kids didn't exist to try and repair Lily with Daniel and it didn't work. Even when Tyler had his crush on Lily people were wondering why'd he'd want this woman with extra baggage when random models were throwing themselves at him. The kids make Lily untouchable to the guys in her age range.

• Members
I don't buy this for one second. Single women with kids date just as much as single women without kids. They didn't have to pretend Delia didn't exist when Chloe was with Chance or Kevin. Matter of fact, Delia played a big part in their courtship. Same for Daniel and Heather. Tyler and Lily do not have to be handled any different. Unless there is just something about lily and Tyler that is different that you think calls for different writing which I do not see. Enlighten me. Thank You...this is nothing new.

• Members

I actually thought Daniel and Lily's reunion worked perfectly. I liked that they played up the fact that he was uncomfortable around kids and didn't sweep it under the rug. The only bad part of this story was when Cane returned from the dead and Lily went back to being a weak zombie.

• Members

Except they didn't play up him being uncomfortable around her kids. People called out that hypocrisy because he had no problem pretending not to recognize his kid yet decided to get back with Lily who had kids. And then they just stopped showing her kids around him. And the examples you guys brought up do not feature multiple children. There's just no skirting around the fact that Lily has a ready made family when everyone else in her age group onscreen is young and childfree.

Archived