Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Members

I agree with those who complain that there seems to be too much writing for characters or the supposed 'stars' behind the characters.

Why can't Y&R just focus on writing a decent freaking story?! It's got to be a vehicle to showcase so and so...rolleyes.gif And these interviews that actors do to curry favor, I'm just over them and their obvious jockeying. Do they realize how transparent they are?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
They do this because it works...if TPTB didn't bow to fans then no actor would try to use them. The stank trickles down from the top. I don't mind people complaining about lack of air time. People complain when they are unhappy at work. It is normal. But intentionally riling up fans and asking them to "sound off" on their behalf is over the top.

• Members

I don't think they should be complaining on twitter at all. Publicly complaining about your job is unprofessional and immature. They can do that in the comfort of their friends and families. And the ones who do it have all had their time as a lead where they got a good amount of airtime. Especially MTS and EB.

• Members

I have seen KSJ do it...sometimes subtly...sometimes, not so subtly. I don't mind one bit because I know he has gotten so little over the last 7 years. But MM annoys me. He was this show for years. Take a back seat for just one cycle please. I never noticed EB or MTS so I can't speak on it.

• Members

EB and MTS are doing it right now because they have stories but EB does it every time the younger cast starts getting focus. He mostly does it in interviews. MTS was doing it on twitter this summer. KSJ is getting the most he's gotten in several years so right now he has nothing to complain about. I've also seen DD subtly do it.

• Members

I think they should have Nikki's long lost child fathered by Greg Foster. Nikki was married to him at the time of the cult story. Jill then could fight with Nikki about giving her brothers child away. Greg would come back into the picture. Wings Hauser looks rough now. They could bring back Jim Houghton (Greg #1) or cast the part with a veteran actor. In the ATWT thread we were discussing Greg Marx. What about him as a Greg recast. John Wesley Shipp is another soap veteran that might work.

I always had hoped that Brooks Prentiss would have come back into the picture and been paired with Heather Tom's version of Victoria. Aging the character of Billy and putting him with her I felt was crazy.

• Members

I disagree about KSJ. What was supposed to be his story turned into a reason to showcase Cane and a yet another story about Lane. Neil has rarely been seen or featured in it. And even so, it is potatoes. Same for DD. I don't mind one bit about them. But these others who are constantly on can have several seats. I also read an interview with MTS complaining about air time and TPTB trying to get rid of her. So I guess I do know and can speak on it. Lol. I have seen MM and EB getting into it on twitter. It was so surreal that I thought it might have been staged. But thinking I know those two as I do, I doubt staging. I think they both feel like the other is in the way.

• Members

They didn't age Billy..,they de-aged Victoria. Having her hanging out with Kevin and his silliness along with Chloe was what I felt was crazy. She used to be a serious character. Now I don't know what she is anymore. Being associated with Kevin will always cause that reaction, I suppose.

• Members

Side note: someone complained about the spoilers on DC being lacking in content and Jamey Giddens said that the shows have asked them to stop spoiling and they are trying to meet them half way. Uhm, I don't believe this for a second. I just think that the show runners don't talk to them anymore so they have no spoilers to give. Isn't that the reason Branco was throwing twitter fits?

• Members

Makes sense it's Josh's story been so disappointed with his writing at y and r. It was dark, dull, and disjointed. Jean starts this week what y and r needs is the classic romance she can bring in a sweeping style. I am hoping like I am watching a steamy sizzling romance novel unfold in genoa city.

• Members

I know what you mean. The Laurie/Leslie relationship is fascinating. Laurie was so jealous and insecure around the shy reserved Leslie. She pushed Les over the edge causing her to have an emotional breakdown and was committed to a mental ward. She then wrote a tell all best seller about it. Leslie then got pregnant by Laurie's husband Lance and married his brother Lucas to hide the paternity. Leslie longed for Lance and Lucas longed for Laurie, but were stuck in a marriage together. Bill Bell was such a good story teller.

Archived