Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Members

I enjoyed Sally Sussman Morina's work on DAYS, particularly the creation and introduction of Nicole Walker and Nancy and Craig Wesley. Plus the Nurse Ali storyline with Mike Horton and Carrie Brady kicked off under her reign. Now, does that mean she's a great fit at Y&R as a HW? No. But I dare say she'd be a damn sight better than Jean Passante.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's episode was all from Billy's POV as he was standing at the scene. BM's acting does nothing for me though and I never cared for Delia and found that little actress annoying. Older Delia was kind of homely and had an annoying cutesy voice.

For all the talk about this lifetime legacy for Delia we didn't ever really see her with the Abbotts, Jill or Katherine.

• Members

Chloe gets "reaction scenes"...a mother loses her only child whom she has raised her entire life and all she gets are "reactions scenes". While Billy Abbot gets a full story about him. This is a prime example of what is wrong with this show. A story like this should have lasting consequences on all involved. Not just Billy Miller getting an emmy reel. Things should never be the same for any of them. If things go back to the way they were in 6 months, then this would have been a waste of time. Chloe as a character deserves more than reaction scenes.

She was definitely brought out to prop Kevin. Very annoying.

• Members

Liz had a lot of scenes showing her pain. Scenes with Luke reacting to what happened, both angry with him and forgiving him. Scenes with plenty of people discussing how guilty she felt about letting him get outside. Didn't she nearly kill herself on the roof of the hospital?

The bigger issue for me was the Josslyn side. There was really no build up to her illness, it all just felt flat and weak to me. The aftermath has been equally uninspiring.

With Cassie they've really done a good job with the aftermath, even all these years later. Sharon and Nick still feel her loss and acknowledge the anniversaries of her birth and death. Are they going to do the same with Delia? Either answer seems problematic to me. My biggest issue with this story is that it's repetitive. Next is that the stakes for Connor aren't high enough. It doesn't have the same poignancy that the Maxie/BJ story had because this isn't a matter of life and death.

Seems unlikely since the show went out of it's way to show Chloe didn't want the dog and that she feels Billy is irresponsible and the "fun" one.

Archived