Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't even a teenager yet when she wrote DAYS and was only able to watch when I wasn't in school, but I did love the whole Franco storyline ending with Sami at death row. And during her tenure, though he was ridiculously SORAS'ed, Victor Webster was brought on the show for the hot as hell Kate / Nikki Alamain lusting. If anyone "made" me gay, it was him so I will always be grateful for that.

• Members

Didn't SSM study under Bill? If she's one of his proteges then I'd rather her take the reigns. Plus, from what I've seen of Generations, her own soap, I'll most definitely take her as HW.

And I enjoyed her at DAYS. I don't think she'd bring that storytelling style to YR if given the chance because she knows Bill style. DAYS is a different beast and I think she knows that.

IMO, I just want a capable writer that knows Bill's vision for certain (Kay, Jack, Sally) or writers that'll do the research and respect his vision (i.e. Claire, Nancy, etc.)

• Members

There's also hype for her because basically the tag is that she helped write heavily for Ashley, and so on.

I don't think she'd be any different than anyone at the show now. Her first six months to a year at DAYS were OK, but she won't be writing that now.

And if DC and Nellie Olsen like her, she has to be bad.

I thought the Nicholas story was after she left.

• Members

I heard Guza and JFP had a falling out during his 2011 firing when Jill blamed him for the shows ratings and troubles. He was blindsided and hurt. He's too expensive and doesn't fit y and r at all. Jean is a much more classic writer in the sense for y and r,

• Members

There you go. Regardless of whether you enjoyed Jean's writing or not, it is not classic style. Her writing style is very typical of the other popcorn stuff you get in the '00's and it's not very distinctive. You praise her nonstop so what are the unforgettable characters she's created? Her best stories? What did she do good at AW or AMC? Nothing. You never go into detail.

• Members

I watched. It was a sad episode. Poor Delia. I really feel for Billy. A parent would never forgive themselves for that mistake. When Delia said "You're leaving me alone?". Ugh! Really, I don't think it's ok to leave a child under 10 alone in a car, but I can see where a parent would do that. I don't think it should be a criminal offense, but I don't think it's wise either. In 2013, I think it's socially unacceptable, but when I was a kid it wouldn't have been that weird. I lived in a very small town and I remember being left in the car when I was 8 or so. No one in that town would have thought anything of it. Those were the days.

Does Nikki know/believe that Dylan is her son or does she think it's Stich?

Archived