Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frequentsoapfan

Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

I don't think many viewers care about Delia at all and the same goes for the majority of the other kids. Because so many of them were unnecessary plot points to stir up quick drama via baby story. I can't even count how many times I've come across posts that so and so kid is useless and can die.

But how many Abbott's have already died? It's RIDICULOUS to even consider killing off another Abbott when that has been the only frontburner story this family can get.

Delia is an Abbott in last name only. She never spends time with the Abbotts outside of Billy. She spends more time with the Baldwin/Fisher family. It's not the same as if one of the other Abbotts was killed off.

It seems that the Abbotts exist SOLELY for the purpose of dying and providing their body parts to the Newmans. It won't end with Delia either. Kyle and Traci will both die at some point in order to give their organs to Noah and Nikki.

Delia is an Abbott in last name only. She never spends time with the Abbotts outside of Billy. She spends more time with the Baldwin/Fisher family. It's not the same as if one of the other Abbotts was killed off.

That is bad writing, but this doesn't make it any better. My deal is not with Delia, but with the fact that these new writers are kicking things off with ANOTHER dead Abbott. It's just so uncreative. They should be trying to impress people and I'm not impressed by a dead child as your intro storyline.

Interesting interview with head writer Shelly Altman in sod sounds like a smart woman and has said jean passanante and her want more romance.

Could anyone please provide a (paraphrased) recap of the interview? For those (in the UK, in my case) who don't have access to the relevant publication. If that's allowed, of course. Cheers.

Nikki's hair is actually on point today. Normally it looks like after sex hair.

Jr. becomes more smarmy and annoying like his father everyday.

Sharon has a way of making Nick watchable.

Yeah I give Paul and Cricket until Christmas

New Angelica McDaniel interview. Heart is in the right place, but she doesn't get it. At all. I like that she's mandated diversity and has forced multiple stories on B&B, but she doesn't understand why Y&R works,much like everyone else who comes into contact with it.

Let’s talk about what is happening with The Young and the Restless! Are changes coming in front of the camera that fans will notice as far as storytelling, plot, and seeing the characters they want to see continuing at the forefront? This week there is some major drama about to go down in Genoa City, too!
Michael-Muhney_Angelica-McDaniel_0122-e1

Photo Credit: HutchinsPhoto.com

ANGELICA: I can say I am really excited about the stuff that is happening on Y&R. This is a big week story wise, and there are a lot of things happening behind the scenes. I am just really excited for us in the coming months as we begin shifting story to really start having more well-rounded balance of family, relationship, humor, and shock and sadness. For awhile, I think we were just kind of telling the same level of a story. Now you’re going to see a lot more happening, and a lot of characters from other generations crossing with other characters, and really opening that show up.

Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante are the new co-head writer of The Young and the Restless. What can you tell me about having these two ladies penning the future of Genoa City?

ANGELICA: Jean Passanante has not actually started yet. She starts next week. So it’s really exciting for her to come in and be part of the family and the nest with us. Despite what people want to say, Jean and Jill Farren Phelps have not worked together. They worked together once years ago where they sort of overlapped with each other while one was coming in and one was going out on a soap, so it really wasn’t working together. But people are wanting to say, “Jean is a friend of Jill Farren Phelps!” And I want to say, even if Jean was a FOJ, because Shelly Altman was and is, the reason people are “friends of …” is because these people are really good at their jobs. I love to hire people I know sometimes. I have a couple of them who are working with CBS Daytime that I worked with before because they deliver, their excellent, and their team players, and so they are part of the team.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/angelica-mcdaniel-chats-on-cbs-daytime-after-dark-revealing-secrets-on-the-talk-yrs-new-head-writing-duo-the-future/2013/10/09/

See guys Angelica is setting it straight. We should have nothing to worry about as jean and Shelly. So much excitement coming to y and r the new fans should love what they are going to write and the tried and true y and r fans will be very happy.

See guys Angelica is setting it straight. We should have nothing to worry about as jean and Shelly. So much excitement coming to y and r the new fans should love what they are going to write and the tried and true y and r fans will be very happy.

"True" Y&R fans want Sally Sussman Morina, Kay Alden, and Jack Smith as HWs

People always mention Sally because she wrote for Y&R for several years. According to Wikipedia 83-88 and and again 05-06 when Jack Smith brought her back. Based on experience I could understand giving her a shot, but I don't know that I've enjoyed her other soap work. Generations, in particular, I found a bit slow. If they're at the point of just handing it over to people with little HW experience (like Shelley Atlman and Tracy Thomson), then I don't understand why Janice Ferrer Esser or Natalie Minardi haven't got the position yet. Both have years of experience and both are Bell proteges.