Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think many viewers care about Delia at all and the same goes for the majority of the other kids. Because so many of them were unnecessary plot points to stir up quick drama via baby story. I can't even count how many times I've come across posts that so and so kid is useless and can die.

• Members

That is bad writing, but this doesn't make it any better. My deal is not with Delia, but with the fact that these new writers are kicking things off with ANOTHER dead Abbott. It's just so uncreative. They should be trying to impress people and I'm not impressed by a dead child as your intro storyline.

• Members

New Angelica McDaniel interview. Heart is in the right place, but she doesn't get it. At all. I like that she's mandated diversity and has forced multiple stories on B&B, but she doesn't understand why Y&R works,much like everyone else who comes into contact with it.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/angelica-mcdaniel-chats-on-cbs-daytime-after-dark-revealing-secrets-on-the-talk-yrs-new-head-writing-duo-the-future/2013/10/09/

• Members

People always mention Sally because she wrote for Y&R for several years. According to Wikipedia 83-88 and and again 05-06 when Jack Smith brought her back. Based on experience I could understand giving her a shot, but I don't know that I've enjoyed her other soap work. Generations, in particular, I found a bit slow. If they're at the point of just handing it over to people with little HW experience (like Shelley Atlman and Tracy Thomson), then I don't understand why Janice Ferrer Esser or Natalie Minardi haven't got the position yet. Both have years of experience and both are Bell proteges.

Archived