Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Members

The fact that their first big stories will be the Dylan story and the Delia one, that isn't a good start. I'm sure when both flop they'll blame them on Josh Griffith, but we all know that everything we're seeing is from the new team. JFP would not allow the HW who quit to do such damaging stories. I don't know why others don't seem to realize that. Hell, Griffith himself ended MAB's stories in 1-2 days maximum, but they're going full steam ahead with this stuff which further proves my point. Altman/Passannate's official work doesn't start til around October 20th, but this is definitely their work.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He ended Phyllis' storyline instantly. I believe her entire trial was wrapped up in one episode. My point is that if a new writer wants to they can drop or change whatever they want in order to guide the story where they need it to go. Since that isn't happening, it suggests to me that this vision we're currently seeing is what we'll continue to see.

I'm not a Chilly fan or a fan of Billy or Chloe, but this story in particular is going to cause a huge outrage. It's so unnecessary, especially for Y&R.

• Members

Passanante did romance? :P J/K. But her reigns on ATWT & AW were failure in the romance department, which is sad.

And I agree with all that say YR has always been about character first then romance & business stories. I'd love to see all three again, but if the character aspect isn't working then all else will fail.

Sorry to those thinking I'm a pessimist but I see this upcoming reign of writers being a failure. Jean (alone) is going to plummet this show with crappy romances, villains of the month, & characters written out of character.

• Members

I think Delia is adorable. The biggest issue though is that she was hardly around and I doubt the majority are that invested in her. It isn't like Cassie back in the day who was a huge part of the canvas. Or even Faith right now who plays an active role in a storyline. For most of the past 2 years Delia barely made dent onscreen then all of a sudden it was Delia overload. Not a good sign for a character. Also for an Abbott she hardly interacted with them. Not that Johnny does either but he is established as a Newman/Abbott (more on the Newman side since we see him with them often). But she is a cute kid and a sorased version of her could be a hoot.

• Members

Delia pops up to give Billy some daddy scenes and to prop Kevin. Chloe has mainly been focused on Chelsea and her spawn this year. Delia had that one scene of rolling around in mud like grandma Jill but no interaction recently that I can recall. I can't recall the last time she had a scene with Jack either. Delia is a cute kid but I'm not all that attached to her.

• Members

I like Delia well enough, but I wish they had started showing her more often about six months ago. If a show is going to kill a child, I prefer that they go all out and make it count. They did it right with Cassie. This time it, if it happens, it will be sad, but I admit I don't feel the same connection to Delia because they didn't show her enough building to a possible injury or death story.

Archived