Y&R Discussion Thread October 2013

• Members

That seemed okay, the twins werent his so I can see why he wouldnt have a problem with being around them while dating Lily. Men can date women with kids and not want to have any of their own at the time they are dating said women with children.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One child or two is no different in the writing. If you are going to feature the kids in the romance with one child, why not two. I just do not see this big issue with Lily and her kids that didn't exist for the other relationships we mentioned. I agree with the hypocrisy about Daniel and what he was doing with his child then dating a woman with kids. However, I thought he and Lily getting back together could have been perfect timing for his story because being around Lily and her children could have made him see that he wanted to be a father. Then he and Lily could have been this perfect little blended family. Could have been a sweet heartwarming story. Instead we got a resurrected Cane and all that mess with Phyllis going against his wishes. Imagine if it had been Daniel and Lily fighting Billy and Victoria for Lucy...Could have been good sensible story.

• Members

Jean and Ron have a great working relationship. He thinks of Jean as his mentor in the biz as she helped him a lot in the beginning of his career. I think soaps u should take a more positive approach with the new writing. I think u will be surprised in that u will feel its the old y and r u used to love. Excitement galore.

• Members

Right...Tyler and Abby are a good couple. They have chemistry and look great together. They are of an age. He is even well educated and fits into the canvas of business stories. Perfect. Problem is they have no story...and their romance was not even shown. Leads me to believe TPTB are not serious about them anymore than they were with her and Chavez.

• Members

For me, you have to start with two characters that have charisma separately and together. Then it helps if story comes naturally from the pairing of these two characters. If there are some natural conflicts between them, that's a plus too.

Obviously, we all find different types of couples interesting. I really don't have a strong opinion on a possible Chole/Noah pairing. The idea doesn't grab me, but I'm not against it either.

• Members

Once again, really liked Amelia Heinle's supporting work today. She broke my heart when she realized Delia got hit while they stopped for the ice cream she asked for and then again when she crumbled into Jack's arms. Maybe its because she has a little girl but she's selling this.

I still really think its a shame they killed Delia, a kid who is connected to the whole canvas almost. It might have been interesting (if JFP was mandating a child death) to have it be Johnny- still good stuff for BM and it would have been the son Chelsea gave away giving his eyes to her other son. Chelsea/Adam conflict, Billy/Victoria conflict, Victoria/Adam dynamics etc. Liz Hendrickson was great but I'm not sure where exactly this leave Chloe once this story is over or if she'll just head back to the backburner.

• Administrator

I really liked the little girl playing Delia, so I'm sad to see her go. I think it's a mistake to kill off Delia. Amelia, Liz Hendrickson, and MCE were all great this week, while I felt no emotion from Billy Miller. So this is the third time JFP has killed off a child by hit-and-run? OLTL: Jessica's baby, GH: Jake, now Y&R with Delia. Also, I hate the overly use of the background music with the woman's haunting voice - JFP also used this on GH too, I remember making fun of it.

• Members

Going by those standards, it's a wonder you have ever seen an interesting couple...ever! I know I haven't using that definition. Maybe once or twice at the most. But even then, one character is lacking charisma ( that's relative, of course). But really, I think the heart of this is that you are interested when two characters you already love/like are paired. Makes sense.

I never really understood this whole "natural" term when discussing scripted series...it is a scripted series, meaning written, I.e., someone's creation. It is all by design. It is all contrived. There is nothing "natural" about it.

Archived