GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thats assumption is a big mistake bc not everyone does the whole social media thing

lol...I was about to say that until Morgan returned, I never got an impression that he was mistreated with Michael being treated as the favorite son. All kids seemed to be on equal footing and Morgan didnt grow up in Michael's shadow as they seem to be implying. Im sure in a few years a SORASED Josslyn will be trying to hurt Carly for being an awful mother even though thats not the case.

• Members

I think anyone could have seen this coming a mile away. Ever since Carly shipped Morgan off to Military school he was a ticking time bomb. Whenever parents send their kids away they always comeback worse than ever. I'm expecting Josslyn to be Julie Bergman's Lulu 2.0 whenever she comes of age. I think Morgan's outrage is a valid source of anger, and I completely understand his disgust towards Micheal (and by association Carly and Sonny). I just wish the overall story was a bit more captivating, and I also wish that Jax's influence would seep in here and there. As of now he is definitely a son of CarSon, the self-sabotage/self-destruction quota is there in spades. The inner-conflict already makes him a more interesting character than Micheal. But he is hitting shades of Zander and Ric, lately which have also benefited the character.

• Members

Yes, this story was easily predictable, and the spin of Morgan being sent away could be used. Dodgy at best but it's better than telling the audience that Michael was the favorite because that never played out onscreen. And yes, leaving Jax out of this is ridiculous. He does not even have to be present but not mentioning his name is criminal! By all accounts, he was Morgan's father and was super happy.

However, one very important factor is being left out here, and that has to be intentional. Sonny had no legal rights to Morgan at all when Carly shipped him off. Sonny, the punk that he is, surrendered rights to both boys when they were younger, but this has to be left out to sell the current story.

Archived