GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, and I usually hate to see NLG coming, but her makeup and hair have been on point. She has been unusually beautiful recently. ER, while incredibly pale, looks great too. Kudos to the make up and hair people. Stellar job lately!

No use in fighting it. I stopped trying. The moment they got rid of that ridiculous hair Roger was sporting, I fell in love with Tarly all over again. Yeah, lightening struck twice here!

• Members

Micheal was the favorite before Jax's involvement in Carly's life. Micheal always felt paramount in Carly's life through out the duration of all the actresses who were cast as the character, Morgan and Josslyn not so much. I don't think Morgan or Josslyn noticed as much in their early years because Jax was the buffer in that situation. But Micheal definitely always came first with Carly, that was always apparent. I have no problem with Morgan feeling the sting of neglect from Carly, she deserves that. Morgan deserves to be angry at Sonny as well but for different reasons than specified onscreen. However to have Morgan not see Jax as his one true father is one step too far. Jax was definitely Morgan's father.

• Members

But it was not at the expense of the other 2. Michael was considerably older than Morgan, but they were thick as thieves. Morgan always wanted his brother with him, and that would not be the feelings of someone who resented his sibling.. We also have to consider that Michael understood the mob and was affected by it so much more, so he needed more attention.

Michael and Morgan were the perfect siblings, so the current story is bull! It could be good, but the writing for Morgan NEEDS to improve drastically!

• Members
IA. Any focus Michael got wasn't bc he was the favorite but rather bc he was the oldest and had a more F'ed up childhood. Morgan for the most part was shielded from that and grew up with love and attention from all his parents. Michael spent so much time in the middle of a battle between Carly, Sonny and AJ and the mob stuff directly affected him. By the time he got older, he needed extra attention bc he was so screwed up bc of his parent's selfishness and disregard for how their actions impacted him. I think Carly and Sonny tried to do better for Morgan and not repeat the mistakes they did with Michael. While not perfect, I think they accomplished that and Morgan didnt have a reason growing up to feel inferior or not as loved.

• Members

Yes but this was also when Morgan was considerably younger. He was what a 8 year old kid the last time he was on screen before the sorasing? That leaves tons of time for these feelings to gestate within a late teen of feelings of inferiority and neglect, especially since Morgan was shipped off away from his family for years, while Micheal stayed with both of his parents. Even though Micheal and Morgan may have had an amiable childhood doesn't change the fact that those feelings may have shifted and changed while Morgan was away. I think that is realistic and justifiable. Things that don't bother or escape the guise of a kid at 7 or 8 years old, may very well bother an 18 or 19 year old man.

I think the bolded in your paragraph can definitely be used for motivation as to why Morgan feels ostracized and alienated by his own family and why he may feel neglected by comparison to Micheal. The fact that Micheal gets and received all this attention while Morgan was shipped off and islanded away from his family definitely sends the impression that he was not wanted by his family members. The fact that Micheal gets all this attention while Morgan was pretty much forgotten about for 2-3 years (perhaps even more with his SORAS) can definitely send the impression that he was unwanted within the family. Ultimately Carly and Sonny did screw up with Morgan, just in different ways. Sonny was an absentee parent who also put his life endanger at multiple times in his early life. While Carly stopped trying with her son once her marriage fell apart with Jax. Morgan's life was not all sunny days and popsicles, by comparison. While he was trying to come into the world his birth father put a bullet in his mother's head, he was kidnapped by Faith Roscoe and AJ for months and nearly died. He also had to deal with the divorce of Carly and Jax too, which should have impacted him as well. I think there is a lot of material to pull from in regards to Morgan's issues with his family.

Morgan should be closer to Molly though. It annoys me how insulated the character is right now. He should be seeking out Molly and Jax for emotional support right now, those were probably two relationships that were good for him that he should try to further establish.

• Members

Yeah . . . I was not impressed with Rox-Delia. From what I've seen of Delia on RH, she NOTHING like Roxy. Again, as I mentioned in the RH thread, they should've reached out to Claire. By not doing so, this came as an EPIC fail by sensible soap fans; however, other bloggers & soap fanatics, who are acting deluded, are on Twitter applauding the crossover.

One Life . . . Check.

Port Charles . . . Check.

Loving/The City . . . Check.

Ryan's Hope . . . Check.

Boy! I cannot wait for Sonny to venture to Monticello to plan a hit on Mike and Nancy, or Franco to head to Pine Valley and learn Susan was getting d*cked down by Adam. He's a Chandler! Or wait, Lucy wants to slay more vampires and decides to go to Collinswood and battle Barnabas, Quentin, or the witch, Angelique. -_-

Bring on more pointless, OOC crossovers!!

Archived