GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That gif has bored me for months. Jason's gone. Everyone who ever loved him has been beaten into submission. This gif defines the term, kicking a dead horse. It shows how very important he is to you.

Of course realism is paramount. Melting faces are just so real. I hate Ron.

• Members

Felix is the most annoying character. Amy Vining you are not, darling. He should be someone else's gay pet in order to be liked by viewers, not Sabine's.

Watching Patrick next to these two freaks makes me sad. He must still be addicted to pills or something. And the only logical explanation for Ugly Sabine being shy around Patrick, when she had been involved with mobster Carlos for years is that she is Frank Smith in a mask.

I am sorry but I really don't see where Lucy fits in and why she has to act so crazy all the time.

The scene with Scotty and Heather was really bad. Kin wins an award for decades of bad hair choices and Robin Mattson deserves so much better than scenes like that.

I can't believe how charming and handsome Robert still is.

I love all these people staying with Nikolas lol

• Members

Anders Hove has spent the last decade and a half working with Dogme 95 filmmakers and doing stuff like the original version of The Killing. He deserves better than what he's getting, playing The Bickersons and the running dog for Jerry in a plot that now amounts to "I wanted my ex back, he wants a cure for radiation poisoning." It's not that Hove and Kathleen Gati (and Sebastian Roche, Kim, TC, etc.) are not selling the bickering evildoers, the schemers, etc. and making it fun, because they absolutely are, but when you break this storyline down what is it actually about?

I knew from the start in the spring of 2012 that whoever took Robin most likely traced back to the Cassadines and Faison. I knew Ron would not be able to resist bringing him back, but I also knew Faison was a very popular character and deeply connected to the Scorpios in his own right. But the threadbare-yet-convoluted plotline is - as I understand it - basically that Faison took Robin so he could bring her back to Anna and position himself, in his delusional mind, as the savior. Well, that's a lead balloon because the audience knows that's never gonna happen. And then you add in Jerry - Jerry approaches Obrecht and Faison for a cure to Polonium 210 poisoning. Depending on what day of the week it is and which dialogue writer is working, the story goes that Jerry either took Robin for them as part of that bargain, or got her offloaded onto him after Faison was apprehended in Switzerland. And now, what are we left with, over a year later? Faison's plan to win Anna failed over a year ago, yet they're still hanging onto her just because Jerry needs a cure, and now Jerry has one-upped all of them and is demanding Faison and Obrecht, Nikolas, Robin and Britt do his bidding to get him a cure. It's not exactly a thrilling, world-class adventure yarn as promised, is it? I mean, I figured that Helena had to be involved somewhere along the line, a level up from Obrecht and Jerry, that she and Faison had some major evil villain plan that needed Robin's expertise. But no. This is just a ransom thing, borne out of Faison being a lovesick nutjob. It's ignoble and unworthy of the characters and all the inherent drama. It seems as though they intended to connect the Cassadines and a larger purpose (like, say, the OLTL connection of the two Todds, before OLTL returned sans its holy guardians), but somewhere along the line Ron Carlivati clearly gave up on that. And for shame. If you're gonna go big, you have to pay it off.

What's astounding, though, is that Hove, when he gets the rare quieter scenes - like he did on Friday with Kim McCullough - can still project the same kind of seething menace that he did for me in his late '90s stint. He came out of nowhere back then for me as a teenager, and while the eventual mess with Felicia, etc. was a bit silly, he was still like nothing else on the show. He had some amazing monologues, some amazing one-on-ones. Just beyond creepy. He's been his crazy self all along, very satisfying, but Friday's show was when he finally began to approach that level of quiet, alien dread and menace for me again. When he candidly, quietly told Robin that Jason was a professional, that he was dead, that it didn't matter - that's what the actor is capable of. And he deserves a lot more.

The same thing is true for Kathleen Gati, actually - as ridiculously hilarious as the "wear my Anna mask for me" scenes were, the look on her face when Faison asked that of Obrecht was heartbreaking.

• Members

Vee, surprisingly, I enjoyed The Bickersons at Wyndemere. It was very entertaining.

Morgan can die tomorrow. They've given me no reason to root for him or feel bad. Throws a hissy when he thinks Michael is in the mob, throws a hissy when he learns Michael is not in the mob, throws yet another hissy when Dad wants his sons to work together. If Morgan were not banging Ava his whining would not seem so hollow.

Robin, still don't care. Collect your things and leave! Be quick about it.

Really enjoying Britta.

The camera person was the worst in the last half of the show Friday. Morgan was almost on the ceiling at one point.

Archived