GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Huge Delia fan here. I named a cat I used to have after her, but I didn't listen to one word from her mouth today. I ff all of it because it is yet another pointless casting that adds absolutely no value to GH.

Leave the other goddamn soaps alone, Craptini, and focus on the gift you've been given! [!@#$%^&*] morons!

• Members

She was on more than two? I guess I blurred them together.

Bringing Delia back and reworking the character just for pointless Ava - to me it disrespects the show unless they have more plans. It could be worse, don't get me wrong, but part of me feels like this is just warming up.

• Members

Yes, at least in the early years of Ryan's Hope Delia was not a good mother. Mauve raised Little John and Delia used him to manipulate the family. I always saw that as a pretty brave writing choice. It's not very often a soap shows a mother who is actively uninterested in parenting. In fact, Rodger pretty much told Delia that she was more interested in herself and having fun then raising a child and that he liked her for it because he was the same. Frank was just as bad, but he gave lip service to fatherhood at least.

I can't speak to the later years because SoapNet didn't run them, so it's possible Delia changed.

• Members

Well, like i said she might have changed in later years, but the only times in the early years she fought for him was when she thought Frank and Jill were going to set up house. Other than that she was perfectly fine with him staying with his grandparents. I never had the impression she wanted to raise him day to day.

• Members

I look at those 1975-79 episodes and see Delia as an early version of Days' Sami Brady.

Dee like Sami loved her son but was all about doing whatever to get the man she had her sights on to love her and in both characters cases it came from low self esteem

Archived