GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

I want Maxie destroyed! Lulu's heart is in shambles, and Maxie goes on a baby shopping spree because her daughter is coming home? Not an ounce of reflection or remorse, and this is partially Craptini and partially the downward spiral of the character for the past 6 years. I guess no one sees any potential in this character or her portrayer, so they will chalk this up to another "it's Maxie"?! Destroy her, Lulu!

And lord knows I'm no Alexis fan, but they need to stop writing her like this. When Julian asked her to change the subject, there was such an arrogance that I contribute to William D. I was embarrassed for Alexis and Nancy. Now, she is spilling her guts about stuff that is not hers to spill? Carly already told Alexis that Lucas' real father is not public knowledge, but moist Alexis is saying and doing anything to be in Julian's company. This is just too embarrassing!

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's typical Maxie though, so at least she's in character but I was pretty appalled too. I just think Kirsten and Maxie should be handling this all a lot differently. Heaven forbid a character actually grow. (Oh, and the writing of course, which is still a hot mess on the daily)

I really didn't like the Alexis/Julian scenes either. NLG actually looked together again (and by that I mean bad makeup, awful messy hair and Alexis looking like she rolled out of bed), so that was nice. It was a bit embarassing and I didn't love how deVry played it, either.

The women's makeup really has improved.

This. Ugh. I'm tired of Alexis in heat.

• Members

I'd like to vent a bit about the baby story. I really am quite enjoying it, but I have some issues with it .... Ellie just up and vanishes? I think we saw her once really quickly in a throwaway scene at the hospital ... I know where Laura is and that Genie is clearly not with the show, but why the f- isn't Laura around for this?

Or at least have Emme's Lulu bonding with Lesley, you know, her grandmother and the woman she was named after?

And where's Felicia? Did Kristina piss off Ron or Frank?

IDK. The storyline at times feels so isolated and missing key characters. I admit to missing a bit of the initial reveal (I quit watching for a bit) so maybe they were all present but it's missing important angles. Lulu/Maxie feel really isolated at times.

• Members

I'm shocked to say that NLG has been positively stunning lately. They need to get Alexis away from Julian because I'm not sure she has much dignity left. To have Alexis inquiring about his date with Carly, and then he coldly tells her they can change the subject?! Um yeah, not cool!

• Members

I also want to add that I resent how they've inserted Julian into where AJ should be (with the Carly/Franco "triangle" ... in which Carly doesn't exist as a character and when she's with Sonny all she does is yell. LW deserves better than window dressing, which is what Carly has become, IMO). I guess she'll have some story soon. Probably being kidnapped or in danger so Franco can rescue her.

• Members

Please continue to rant. This is Craptini's style. 500 characters for "balance" while not properly developing the stories or the characters. To save money, major characters are off screen while a bunch of newbies are giving us the body of the story. Where's Ellie? Where's Brad? Now, that the stories they were a very big part of have come to a head, it's time to bring back the people who make the most money to "finish" them. Where's Anna and Robert? My guess is that we won't have a peep from them until at least the middle of next week [remember, each "story" is a stall for the other story]. I'm also going to venture a guess that Carly is in the closet at Ava's while her son is doing the nasty with Ava because if you recall, the last we saw of her, she was creeping into Ava's apartment and has not been seen since.

As for Julian being inserted into AJ's story, I won't pretend to be upset because WD and LW have massive chem, but you can thank WD for that. I've heard some ramblings from a few different people. He put his 5 cents into where Julian s/b paired, and the onscreen 360 certainly backs this up! I suspect an ooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngoing triangle with FrankenTodd/Carly/Julian.

• Members

That depends on who you mean by favorites. Carly has become almost a day player? A big round of applause for Ron Carlivati. Liz, Alexis. Sam, Sonny...the entire Guza crew of the 00s can all be written out tomorrow, to be replaced from refugees from the 80s and other soaps and it could only be an improvement.

• Members

Stay stuck in the past. It's up to you. But no one wants to see a bunch of 60 and 70 years olds on adventures. To each their own, however.

And you can bring in some of Hollywood's best, and it won't matter because the overall structure of GH is absolutely abysmal.

And I wouldn't worry too much about Carly and Sam if I were you wink.png

• Members

I had forgotten that scene lol

I like Carly in this capacity after years of endless triangles.

My problem with Julian is that he is not scary enough. I don't really buy him as very dangerous.

And Ava should not act so scared all the time. In the scene where she was calling Morgan to warn him about Carlos she acted like a Roxy or a Bonnie Lockhart. She should be more like Lana Turner or Barbara Stanwyck in her scenes. Maura can pull this off, there are a lot of scenes where she is perfect acting like she should be.

• Members

And I really don't mind the show's structure. I like it that we have story "cycles" and some stories are put on hold so some others can be told. LOST did it a lot and I liked it on that show as well.

I am sure AJ's story will be told once Scotty is the DA and Sabine is written out after being exposed as Victor Jerome in a mask.

• Members

- each "story" is a stall for the other story

- 500 characters for "balance" while not properly developing the stories or the characters.

- major characters are off screen while a bunch of newbies are giving us the body of the story.

- Carly is in the closet at Ava's while her son is doing the nasty with Ava because if you recall, the last we saw of

her, she was creeping into Ava's apartment and has not been seen since.

My problem with Julian is that he is not scary enough. I don't really buy him as very dangerous

Me either he's never done it for me as a gangsta' Julian Jerome

Very well said. I'm still waiting for the murder mystery to continue.

• Members

Julian would have worked better in a business story against AJ and the Qs, but alas, the Qs mean nothing to anyone. I don't buy Julian as a mobster either. Sonny and Julian are laughable as mobsters, especially Sonny, who allows Liv to take papers from him and insert herself in "the business". Really?!

Archived