DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

"A 'really nice spot'? Next to Rover and Mittens?!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, LMAO. Martsolf also did a dead-on impression of Vivian yesterday.

Maggie & Victor... I love that they are not rushing it and that Maggie is not forgetting her marriage to Mickey.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am too thrilled for words - SOD online apparently has something new on Maggie and Victor and they've used my name for them: Magic! I don't know if anyone else has used it elsewhere but I'm just so damned tickled pink. SR and JA even use it, lol.

Sounds like Magic is set to be all kinds of wonderful, and I doubt TPTB were expecting such a fabulous response to them AND the Brady/Viv story.

• Members

We're good, Toups. I figured that is what you meant but the way you worded it and your post to Remos just came off wrong to me, initially. But we're cool :).

And, I agree about 2010. I liked parts of January and February but, after that, the show was all over the place and an overall mess. I've loved August and September so, hopefully, Higley remains MIA and the show continues to be good.

• Members

Not at all. Why build it up for a year? or at all?

Brady is drinking again, he found out maggie was planning on putting his AA sponser/friend in a tomb where she removed his mothers body from?

i dont think his anger was out of nowhere, nor do i think what hes doing is out of char. for the normal everyday brady sure? but drinking angry hurt brady? no.

To build it up, and as you say have us say "I've been waiting for this for so long" would simply not have worked.

One alt i do see, however, had been victor done it and brady discover and when vic tells him the story he goes along with it... but that takes away from victor actually not knowing (for a bit i assume) and also outs him in an angle that could really hinder a real chance at victor/maggie, a pairing that has become very well liked.

I am however angry at days. Late 08-late 09 was fantastic. And Jan09-Nov09 was amazing, and then.. it went to hell. It seems like its getting good again.

• Members

No, because this was "Must See TV" almost 20 years ago. Why would anyone HAVE to watch something if it was more engaging and better produced in 1993?

Of course this is gonna have "minimal impact" Toups. Nothing is fun or original about this story and, in hindsight, nothing was all that original about the story in 1993.

• Members

Actually I think the whole Brady angle is new and original - this wasn't done 20 years ago.

What worked with Carly's burial alive was the complete shock of it. This time around the "buried alive" just isn't new and exciting anymore (which actually speaks more to the sorry state of the modern human condition than Dana Hingley). This isn't a plot story, this is completely character driven and is allowing all of the involved players to step out of their narrow character-definitions. This isn't working because it's a remake, this is working because those involved have every reason to do what they're doing.

Victor is not the bad guy

Vivian is not the accomplished manipulator

Brady is not the natural villain

Maggie is not the passive victim

Look what's being accomplished instead:

Victor is the frustrated romantic

Vivian is to be pitied

Brady is an avenger

Maggie.... well anyone else check out how she told Victor to "Dare away"? The fox is in the house.

None of these elements happened before.

• Members

Lol @ this pic SOAPnet has on their website, haha

20100917_LSorel_DaysWIR_450x300.jpg

Wow Brady is being so cruel to Vivian. I can't help but feel a little bad for her. More funny stuff with them today though. Can't help but wonder how long Brady will actually hold Viv captive in there. Brady writing that Email to Victor was genius & scandalous!

More great work by Joe Mascolo and Renee Jones! Just love both of them!

• Members

I am a few days behind, but Eric Martsolf is great. His own good looks hinder his career because the guy is too handsome to play many of the roles he is capable of. He plays the perfect do-gooder just fine, but there was something in those scenes with Vivian where you could see that if only this guy could play a serial killer or a slimey lawyer, he might really thrive. Anyway, that day with Brady and Vivian was great. Louise Sorel was great as always, and Eric Martsolf was right there with her.

• Members

The lighting on Friday's episode is note worthy. I don't know know if it's the lighting or the actres but when Lexie flashed back to her conversation with EJ she looked practically White. And in reel time, she looked slightly darker but she was still incredibly light skinned. :unsure:

Archived