DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cant believe Vivian was going to kill Victor's grandson. She's crazy! I did laugh at her trying to explain herself when Brady caught uer. I dont feel bad for her bc she deserves this. Should teach her a lesson. Why did Victor ever marry her anyway? Its obvious he doesnt like her

Im surrpised Hope made an appearance this week. Surprised to see Stacy Haiduk too as I didnt think she filmed anything

Stephanie all nice with Chloe, giving her a gift for her baby seemed odd bc I thought they werent friends. Chloe didnt seem to like her a few weeks back when Stephanie got in her face about her secret. Steph was a bitch then to her.

• Members

I'm enjoying a lot about the Brady/Vivian stuff, too. Being spoiler-free, I had a feeling Viv would wind up in the sarcophagus, but Brady putting her in there took me totally by surprise. It's not a "OMG shocking plot!!!11" the way the original Buried Alive was, but it shouldn't be -- it's a self-referential spin on the old story. It's playing on the fact that Vivian did this to someone and is known for having done that.

I think a lot of what intrigues me about soaps is seeing how the pieces get moved around. It's like a neverending chess game. I can handle some weak episodes, scenes that don't quite hit the mark, whatever, as long as I feel like there's always potential for the future and how the pieces will be swapped around next. This regime, to me, does a great job of moving the pieces around constantly, so I'm pretty much always interested. 2007-08 seemed so nonsensical and meaningless, but I feel like this canvas always makes sense and is always headed somewhere. So I'm curious to see how they get Vivian out of there, where they take her next (since this seems to be engineered to make her more sympathetic), how they handle Brady after this, etc.

Also: since I don't read spoilers, but I read casting news, I knew Ty Treadway was showing up in some doctor-like capacity... but I have no idea who this character is or why he just randomly showed up in those Friday scenes! No name yet, right? That was such a random, strange character intro. Days usually has to beat us over the head with things like this. When Daniel came in as a new doctor, he was talked about nonstop for weeks.

• Members

I think the problem are the mags and fans who automatically expect it will be a meaty part just because some popular name is cast. And the actors himself (or their agents) of course try to sell it that way too. But I think there are nowadays so many well known actors who are happy to accept anything that TPTB at DAYS really doesn´t see it that way and treats them just like any other extras. Just look how quck they were ready to get rid of Stacy Haiduk when she wasn´t able to keep with the schedule. I think the only actors they see as stars are those who are offered a contract, ie. CC, LS and MR.

• Members

Oh man there were so many funny parts with the buried alive stuff today....LMAO @ Victor! His reaction to Vivian really leaving had me rolling, and Vivian watching him was even more hilarious!

I love Chloe, but she is acting so dumb lately! She is always changing her mind about stuff then changing back. Why the heck did you dress up for the memorial if you didn't want to go?? Oh all of a sudden you want to go, ok then!!

Stephanie all of a sudden realizing it could be Daniel who changed the results and actually believing it leads me to believe that it's not him who did it!! I think it'll be someone totally different, my guess is Nathan!

• Members

Yup.

Chloe/Lucas is actually one of the few time i found her very enjoyable. She has always been a very annoying char to me tho, and is the same now as she has been since highschool. shes whinny, insecure, annoying, desprate, etc..

when they tried making her this diva bitch... it was awful. just.. no.

i agree, so funny. this story is so good. love how it involves so many people.

Archived