DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

Joe Mascolo was amazing today! What a great performance, I really felt for Stefano today..

Someone who wasn't and is never amazing, Galen Gering as Rafe! All he does is SMIRK with that one facial expression, and talks with his insanely monotone voice! He sucks! Sick of Rafe sitting on cloud 9, spewing his cocky arrogance everywhere. The way he was treating Stefano today was disgusting considering what he's going through right now! I just hate him.

I love when Philip and Vivian have scenes! They are very entertaining. Vivian's sarcophagus plan is outrageous but I'm loving it.

That Victor and Ciara scene towards the end was adorable, aww ;-)!!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know. Just seeing John Aniston giggling as he chased Ciara out of the room totally made me day. It was great.

I am really liking Stephanie at the moment and the way she is just so matter-of-fact about her scheming. Anybody else think eventually Ian will get a haircut and Stephanie will fall for him?

Especially when Philip pulls out the Kiriakis rage at Vivian. I love that Vivian has no clue that everybody in town hates her. I sort of feel sorry for her.

Maggie-Victor really is "magic." Sigh. They are arguably the most romantic couple on this show right now.

I also love how the Kiriakises and the DiMeras interact like real families without losing their bad-guy don't-mess-with-us edge. It's actually more compelling to watch than when they were just moustache-twirling Bond villains.

I'll be honest. I'm kinda FFing all this EJ/Sami hospital stuff. I stop whenever Lexie comes on, though.

• Members

It's CRIMINAL what they're doing to Lexie. She's a DiMera yet she's perpetually treated like a glorified day player. It's sickening. I wish she would go to another soap where her talents would be utilized but it's pretty much slim pickings. The only soap I could think of is YR but with MAB at the helm her airtime wouldn't be any better than it is now.

• Members

Fairly good episode today. I loved how when Will said he knew what Sami did, he actually knew what she did instead of a contrivance. I also thought I'd never see the day that Melanie actually showed some logic (i.e. telling Maggie she could understand if she was leaving town to see her daughters or going on the cruise she meant to go on with Mickey... but not to run away from her problems

I agree that they are wasting Lexie!! She's the Marilyn Munster amongst the screwy Dimera Clan... the writer's should play that angle up!

• Members

Higley hates Lexie and RJ was almost fired TWICE under her tenure. She treated her like crap on her first run and erased everything DiMera about her. The baby switch storyline was wrapping up when she first came in and RJ was GOLD in that storyline. Instead of anchoring that storyline by embracing her new heritage, Higley promptly bacburnered her AGAIN not before having her crawl on her hands and knees for the Brady's forgiveness. Talk about insulting. A lot of people hated Langan but he was the only writer who took RJ off the backburner and made her shine as a DiMera.

I think RJ could be great on AMC, but AMC has already met their Black quota with The Hubbards.

• Members

Loved Carly today lol!! She wasn't playing any games at all, she was telling Vivian and Gus how it is. Love Carly when she starts to go gangster on people, she was fierce!!! Vivian/Carly banter was hilarious.

Also loved when Gus got inside the coffin, LOL!! He was freaking out. Vivian decked out that coffin, there's even a monitor in there LOL...i am really liking this story, it's very bizarre!!

Maggie is hilarious! Loved the scene where she was telling herself that Victor was a good person then all of a sudden she snapped out of it. I am so glad she witnessed that Victor/Ciara moment.

• Members

What the hell are you talking about? Renee was not fired TWICE during Higley's tenure. She was fired TWICE in 2007 when Hogan Sheffer was HW, and Ed Scott was EP.

Secondly, Higley DID write for Lexie. The autism story was something for Lexie and Abe, even though it really sucked. The minute Tomlin came on board was when the autism was effectively stopped and Lexie and Abe were moved to the backburner. If you should be mad at anyone it's Tomlin. Higley sucks as a writer, but you shouldn't sit here and make up straight lies about a person. Please.

Archived