DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know folks are dedicated to the 'old' families, but in all honesty I'm enjoying the fact that the largest functioning families now are the ones who are morally grey to say the least, and some of them down right nasty. The Bradys were always a bore to me, and while I loved the Hortons, I'm not having a problem with them being sucked into other families. Bo's Kiriakis side can be explored, and I've always been on Carly's side. Sami.... time to put her on the back burner.

It's sad that the DiMeras only seem to have story with the Bradys. I really enjoyed that moment on the pier the other week with Kate/Stefano on one side and Maggie/Victor on the other side. THAT could be an interesting dynamic to explore once Magic is solidified (and hopefully take the place of some of the screen hogs for awhile).

• Members

That reminds me of those episodes when the Bradys and Hortons boarded a plane to France in order to bury Princess Gina and try and find Hope. Wacky hijinks ensued, and the plane crashed on a tropical island (!) which is hilarious considering the flightpath between the northern US and Europe normally crosses Greenland and the Arctic Circle. Anyhoo, everybody -- including Grandma Horton -- survived, except for the day player pilot and air steward.

Christmas at the Kiriakises has an AWESOME ring to it, though. I'm thinking eggnog... a snowstorm... a blackout... nobody can leave... Maggie and Victor having to bed down in the same room... Brady and Vivian having to bed down in the same room... :wub:

I was a little apprehensive about the Buried Alive 2.0 storyline. However, I have to say that Eric Marstolf is doing some of his best work as Brady and Louise Sorel is bringing her A game as well. I'm enjoying their interactions and the dark side of Brady.

• Members

The whole Vivian/Brady story just keeps getting better and better. EM is so bloody dry in his delivery, and you know an actor is good when LS can convey that much emotion and humour in a 2X2X2 space with no props.

And Magic...... how many ways can I swoon.... they are sweet as well as having amazing chemistry. I really like the way TPTB are writing for them.

Compared to Magic and the Sarcophagus, the whole EJami/Safe story is FF completely, and the Daniel/Chloe/Carly/Nathan/Melanie stuff is only interesting when they interact with the afore mentioned Magic (which thankfully is quite frequent).

• Members

Martsolf is so obviously having fun with this story. It's really exciting, and being spoiler-free, I have no idea where they're gonna go next.

I'm also enjoying the Sami-centric stuff since the wedding blowup. Of course, now we're in for three months of "I know who shot EJ!" and "What did you say?" fakeouts, but I like the complications involving Sami, Will, and Kate, and I like that they're not playing it as a mystery but a case of suspense until the truth comes out. Sami in this mode is much more compelling to me.

• Members

I don't like the nu-Buried Alive story.

I feel like they're making a mockery of the original.

For one thing, it shouldn't have been Brady who put Vivian in that sarcophagus. I don't care what his motive is -- the writers shouldn't have given him one. Eric Martsolf is a ham and he's turning what could be a very compelling story into a complete and utter joke. Why couldn't Victor or Carly put Vivian in that casket? Hell, even Chloe. Anyone but Brady. That useless ass character has bored me for years. When I see Eric Martsolf, I see Steve Wilder -- and that's not a compliment.

The HDTV screen in the casket looks absolutely ridiculous. When Kristen and Marlena were locked in the secret room they watched a live stream on the TV monitor 24/7 and it didn't look anywhere near as cheesy as the one in that sarcophagus. Why must this production team always make things look so bargain basement?

Finally... the dialogue. Christ almighty, kill me now. The writing on this show is laughable.

Archived