DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

They don't sing because they don't want to pay for the rights.

I agree with Toups. I tuned in over online comments (some right here) that the Sept. 1 & 2 episodes were so different, so much better, yada yada. I was seriously underwhelmed. I love seeing Maggie, but I buy this relationship with Victor even less so than I did Rachel and Carl's on AW.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, hi my name is Brandon and I have secret crush on Maggie Horton!

I enjoyed today's episode! Everyones interactions were great and on point. I don't know if I want Victor and Maggie or Maggie in a cougaristic love affair with Brady Black! I like how they went from day to night in one episode. Stefano was amazing today! Keep up the good work days!

• Members

ohmy.gif Definitely a big no to Brady/Maggie/Victor! I despise Caroline these days but even I would rather have her in between them than Brady!

rolleyes.gif at Rafe's proposal to Sami and her accepting! Ugh I just hate this couple, absolutely boring. Rafe sucks all the deviousness out of Sami and turns her into a giant sob blob!

• Members

Maggie the Cougar.....hmmm..... that could be a lot of fun. Brady wouldn't be the first stud Maggie has had sexual chemistry with. (Emilio anyone?)

But I'm still all about Magic - and Maggie is so funny trying to tear down Victor in Brady's eyes when we all know she's trying to tear him down in her eyes only.

And (this part I loved) early spoilers interpreted Maggie as saying she can't go with Mickey so she has to go alone. BUT all she said was "the man I want to go with isn't here anymore" AND she said that Victor turned from someone she knew into a complete different being. It might be a stretch but I can't help wondering if Maggie would be more than happy to take a round-the-world trip with Victor, and he was the man she was referring to..

• Members

I seriously love this show right now. I guess I'm waaaaay in the minority, but it feels like such a REAL SOAP OPERA. I'm really, truly enjoying it, and honestly, I have more or less enjoyed it continuously since mid-2009.

Can they at least try to make it look like night when the characters are outside and it's 4,000 o'clock at night, though?! I was so confused when Maggie and Victor were on the docks and it looked like 3 pm, and then the next act opened on Bo, Carly, and Crazy-ass Ciara at the beach, and I was like, "Is JER writing this?! It's morning at the beach and night everywhere else??" So weird to have the day change mid-episode, but I liked it!

• Members

Its time for sami to grow up. Julie williams, Jennifer Horton, Lexie, were redeem now its Sami's turn just leave some Brady spunk. I love Sami and Rafe, so refreshing.

I don't want them together (Maggie & Brady/Braggie/Mady), really just thought they have great chemistry together. I wish days would bring on Natalie Zea (ex-Gwen, Passions) as Sarah for him.

• Members

I agree 100%.

I haven't commented on the whole week but I want to briefly because the writing has been SUPERB. All the focus on character insight was just fantastic. Nicole's tearing into EJ about his actions and mentioning their past, Sami and Rafe's discussions of their relationship this far and how messed up she is, the Nicole and Daniel scenes where her miscarriage was focused on (the dialogue in that scene was flat out perfect and I felt Nicole wasn't the least bit over the top as EJ has never had more reason to want her dead and has never had nothing to lose like he does now), the insight we got into Stefano and Kate's marriage and the conflict that has been set up (I didn't think Kate was repetitive at all...she's worried so why wouldn't she bring the situation with Will up again and again?), the talk between Victor and Maggie (which showed her obvious discomfort over her growing feelings) which ended in her finally seeing that evil side to him, the Brady/Maggie scenes in today's episode where they talked of his addiction (wonderfully written scenes) and the way his grandfather is and tries to own him, the Brady/Chloe scenes which mentioned their history (not to mention the nod to their history in the Brady/Maggie scenes where Maggie mentioned how Brady could be upset about Chloe being pregnant), etc. Just so much good, classic soap scenes. People wanted character driven and this is character driven. Hell, we even got a reference to Pookie (was not expecting Vivian to go that far and for us to finally hear about that little guy). We even got a Bo/Carly scene...FINALLY! CC looks great with the highlights and it was nice to finally see them out with Ciara and for Carly to have a bit of a breakthrough with her. Loved her talk with Bo too.

The buildup to the shooting was also done to perfection, especially in the moments prior where Sami had the voices blending in her mind. You could literally feel things building to something big and I have to say AS and JS both have been bringing it for me. AS seems much better now that she knows what direction things are going in and JS was really good in the scenes where EJ grew more and more desperate. The scene of him wandering around the living room, which culminated in him taking the gun from the drawer was such a quiet but powerful scene in it's own right and I love that they used that flashback of Johnny after he was born where Sami talked of putting him first. It tied so well with what Nicole told him and what Stefano told him. This isn't just about Sami. It's about the kids too. His whole world is shattered and he put himself before his kids. That was just such a powerful scene when he looked in the mirror, saw what he has become, and put the gun to his head.

Loved the Safe proposal. They got that spark, at least for me, again.

This was the best week of Days of our Lives I've seen probably since Hogan's tenure ended. Yes, I loved 2009 but even last year the stories outside the baby switch lacked the kind of depth they needed. I saw lots of depth this week and so many character-based scenes that I couldn't believe I was watching Days of our Lives or any current soap for that matter. Bravo to Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell because this is in no way Dena Higley. What a FANTASTIC WEEK! No soap is doing it better right now.

• Administrator

If stuff like that happens, it usually means two episodes were put together (ie. the last half one episode/the first half of another....like the 2nd episode of John's funeral when it was "the next day" halfway through the episode).

And can someone explain to me where EJ was shot? I'm still confused. The bullet grazed his head?

• Members

I think there was some throwaway line about E.J's head being against the pillow that provided enough pressure to prevent major blood loss. So far, there has been some nice advancements to the plots but I would love for the show to cut down on the overuse of flashbacks (to periods before 2007 not included). I know the show is trying to save money but splicing in scenes from recent episodes is not a good thing LOL

Archived