DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

Should you be on meds cause you're outrage is really unnecessary. Regardless of the autism storyline that was never really frontburnered, when has Higley ever written for Lexie (or Abe) for that matter that kept her from being a glorified day player? And if the autism storyline is the ONLY claim to Higley writing for Lexie throughout her tenure then I guess her fans are suppose to shut up and be satisfied??? :rolleyes:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO. What outrage? :lol:

Higley's first tenure was like 6 months, and people have been saying for the past 2 years that Tomlin has been largely dictating story. We have no idea what is Higley and what isn't. I think Tomlin ended the autism story and pushed Lexie/Abe to the backburner. We have no idea what Higley would've done had Tomlin not ended it.

• Members

Check out Ciara, asking if she can upgrade from Bo's cottage to Victor's mansion. LOL! I love that little chick, and I love Victor with her. One of these days, he's going to start teaching her more than checkers and she'll be manipulating Salem in no time.

Finally the Vivian plot is moving. I loved her face-off with Carly, and when she called Chloe "that dingaling." :lol:

Still FFing EJ in hospital. I love EJ and Sami as mortal enemies but as he's in a coma, the hate is pretty much one-sided. I love that Kate is involved and so is Will but I really cannot stomach Sami recalling for the 1000th time her shooting EJ from, like, two episodes ago.

Due to Days budget issues both Alfonso and Reckell have contracts with low episode guarantees. Both of them took pay cuts around the time Hall and Hogestyn were let go but KA and PR still make quite a bit of money. While no one knows the specifics of their contracts it has been speculated they have a 2 episode a week guarantee.

Alfonso was in heavy story during the climax of her being revealed as the mugger with her on 3-4 days a week for several weeks. That is why she has been MIA because if Days uses her heavily for a bit then she has to be seen very sparingly for awhile. That is also why Reckell was off the canvas for about six weeks earlier this year as he was very close to going over his guarantee.

• Members

I was very impressed with Alison Sweeney today in her scenes with Chandler Massey. Will/Sami were great today, especially in the scenes where Sami was telling Will her perspective from when she shot EJ. Usually AS is always so hysterical & a little OTT with her performances but today she was just right, very calm and controlled and I felt what she was saying. CM was great to me mainly because of his facial reactions, he is so good at reacting to stuff. He is a great Actor and shows real emotion. All of their scenes were very well written and acted!

Also loved the Stefano/Kate scenes! DAYS is really focused in on them and their relationship, I think there's a lot in store for them, I especially can't wait until Kate tells Stefano about Chad. Loving how Kate is acting these days, she is really standing up to Stefano and not letting him walk all over her.

Vivian/Gus banter was hilarious, and LOL @ Vivian's dreams about Chloe and Carly!

I love Arianna's devotion to EJ, man these two would have been great...I was finding myself really kind of liking her today.

• Members

IMaggie and Victor don't realize it yet, but I'm loving how the other characters of Daniel/Melanie/Brady are so supportive of a Magic pairing, and how protective Brady is of Maggie as well as his mother's memory. I know Maggie will be horrified if Brady does anything terrible, but it sure beats the hell out of all the hand-wringing while the evil doers continue with their plans.

• Members

Stacy Haiduk sad.gif she did good, I enjoy her as the prison warden. Enjoying Hope in jail to, at first I was like ugh this is so typical, once that Tina inmate came in. But she was a little bit nice and related to Hope a bit since she has a child, to. And then she's also mean to Hope and afraid of her because she's a cop and knocked all those guys out.

Vivian and Brady make me laugh so much, I am enjoying Brady a lot. LS and EM are hilarious together.

Such a breeze of an episode without Sami, Rafe, or EJ in sight! It's nice to have a break from them sometimes! Seriously!

LOL @ Ciara being extra nice to Carly, cause Victor told her to...

• Members

I've seen the Cdn. Days ahead show and Brady/Vivian are just getting better and better. Whomever is behind the brilliant idea of having these two paired in a story, I hope they are getting the kudos they deserve.

I just caught this from the other day - when Vivian is calling the Replacement Henchman after Gus quits, she tells them they come highly recommended by "Miss DeVille". That had me rolling, lol.... laugh.gif

Archived