General Hospital: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I believe Bobbie was a surgical nurse.  She was maybe head surgical nurse but Audrey was the administrative head nurse as long as I can remember, and by the time she was gone Bobbie pretty much was too thanks to JFP/network.

The tribute was lovely, but like @Vee, I think it would have been really special had the hospital crew from when she started been around too.

• Members

Ryan Carnes was special as Lucas. Anyone paying attention could see the detail he put into his character, especially in the relationship with Brad -- the way he looked at Brad, the way he touched Brad.

I'm not talking about a romantic or a sex scene, but just that everyday touch of affection that made the relationship seem so real. Carnes brought out the best in Parry Shen, too.

I don't think any of the things I've mentioned were in the script. I think it was all Carnes.

• Members

He's a little pretentious. Finding the rap/spoken word/slam poetry/whatever the eff EP last week he tried to scrub from the internet proved that to me. But he's probably the best new actor on soaps in years and he's young so I'll allow it.

Yesterday's Sonya Eddy/Epiphany tribute made me cry, when I heard Monica's voice for some reason I lost it. I think I just feel a deep affection for Liz that seeing her get a win makes me happy every single time. And the self-flagellation has hopefully come to an end, other characters do so much worse and never show an ounce of guilt. But I suppose that's what makes her one of the few who tries to stay morally right.

Now get her away from Michael Easton and his 2am DJ voice!

• Members

Yes, I don't think it's shady to post it. 

As someone with a theater background and age and experience now, yeah it does come across a little bit pretentious, but he was asked. And he simply answered. Now if he put that out there with no one asking it for it...I would probably think him a snob since it sounds like how many 'actors' i remember from my theater days once I turned into a techie. But again...now that I'm older and have experienced more life, it just seems like a case of age.

And since it's a case of age, it makes me think of other actors. There have been so many times LW has mentioned how she felt about playing Carly and how she felt she was not ready for a character like Carly when she first started out acting and was glad for being on LOVING and GL before she became Carly. And she grew into it over time. Or how JM on Y&R definitely could not act (debatedly ik) except for angry and hunk scenes when he started as Nick on Y&R. And it wasn't until he had his own children in real life that the kids scenes he had...ESPECIALLY Cassie's death, allowed him to tap into something that really resonated with the audience more. And I myself always say he gives good scenes when it's Nick just being a dad, but that's because time and experience and having kids allowed for a deeper well to put from. 

So I feel the words are the same with what he's saying...but he has so much farther to go. 

• Members

I have a question about the flashback scenes we saw of Michael Easton and Sonya Eddy.

Was that Hamilton Finn in those flashbacks?  I could be wrong, but I feel like those scenes were taken from when he was playing Silas Clay.

Edited by StevieM

• Members

What happened last week?  What was scrubbed from the internet?

I do like that he takes his acting seriously as a young actor, hopefully it's a positive influence on some of his co-stars that phone it in.

Today's episode was as good as yesterday...seems like GH is getting its groove back.  The range of emotions Genie Francis displayed in this episode between saying goodbye to Cameron (cute how Scotty & Laura ended up with a shared grandson) and the sheer dread and terror on her face on the docks: WOW.  Charles Shaughnessy is so charming, I half expect Fran Fine to show up to ham it up with him!  But Laura's reaction today finally gave the Victor character some semblance of real danger.

Love the color coordination of Ava's lipstick and top today.  It'll be interesting how the show ties in Austin's relatives/boss keeping Nikolas alive with whatever Victor's planning...hope that all happens by May sweeps.

• Members

Great to hear Leslie Charleson's voice the other day.

It's still March, isn't it?  I see April's thread was already started again too early.

Gossip GIFs | Tenor

Just wondering what the rush was before I get chastised  for mentioning  this again...  or my post gets removed again.  

<coughs>