General Hospital: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The outdoor shoot with Laura and Scorpio was well done.  Good sound quality. Even lighting. Kudos to the Gh team for figuring out how to do an outdoor shoot well. 

Marc Samuel was rusty and missed his mark. I wish they didn’t give so much of the emotional fallout of the episode to a character we see so infrequently. 

Have we seen Marshall\Curtis’ home set before? It is beautiful, and has an interesting perspective and depth. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The writing on GH is good right now. Night and day with YR. Today’s script was well paced. The characters got a chance to interact naturally in a big scheme, it was not forced or over dialogued. It was more show, than tell. 

The payoff of Epiphany not only writing the letter for Elizabeth, but also encouraging her promotion was perfectly plotted. Using Monica creatively via the phone gave the moment the emotional gravitas you only get between cast members who have worked together for 20+ years. 

…also, I though GH was on the slimmest budget of the soaps. The production looked beautiful. The darker, cooler lighting looked crisp and high end. The sets fit a large cast without them looking squeezed together. The director was able to change between closeups and wide shots seamlessly, the camera movement brought a lot of interest to the viewing experience. You can tell Valentini appreciates a strong director. 

I am so impressed. I hope this GH creative renewal leads to good ratings. 

• Members

This was a nice tribute.  I could have done without the cliche with Marshall and if only I hadn’t encouraged her- she would still be alive nonsense.

Milo of all people was the first character that really made me feel something in the episode, his grief seemed very real.  This must have been a hard but very important day for the cast and crew.

• Members

The biggest mistake on today's episode was that there was no mention of Epiphany's late son, Stanford.  He should have been acknowledged.  Then again, they should have mentioned him from time to time when Epiphany was alive.  Epiphany was a mother and that should have been recognized.  

• Members

Did Monica say "Another Hardy slash March"?  Who is the March family that Elizabeth is related to?

Epiphany got a very nice tribute episode.  Did GH ever do an episode for Nurse Amy Vining's death?  Did Leslie, Laura and her kids/grandkids and Bobbie ever say or wonder where their relative and gossipy co-worker went?

Sweet that Felicia was there at the memorial and brought along Anna & Robert's grandchild.  I can't believe Felicia's grandmother Mariah was pointlessly killed off the show, but the beloved actress June Lockhart is still alive and semi-active!  I guess Constance Towers is from that generation, too.  We need a Golden Girls of GH reunion.  May they all live long and continue to flourish.

• Members

Lucy very poignantly referenced both Amy and Jessie in the first returning Nurses Ball in 2013. They unveiled gigantic pictures of them onstage as she honored them. Amy is now up on the memorial wall shown in this episode with Epiphany and all the rest. It's often shown any time a castmember dies.

Audrey was the sister of Nurse Lucille March, the show's original head nurse.

Edited by Vee

• Members

As I re-watched today's GH (it is that good), I had to ask myself how to two actors who has zero chemistry on one show, moved me to tears without a single work spoken. Those two actors? Tristan Rodgers and Genie Francis.

They are marvelous together on GH, but AWFUL on Y&R

When was Mariah killed off? I feel like she was the easiest excuse whenever Kristina Wagner's contract lapsed.

I also noticed that Kristina is being used in so many of the promo photos and interviews for the 60th. Kudos to FV for trying to write the wrong of her poor treatment under JFP/Guza. Kristina is so beautiful, balances comedic and dramatic material well, and is related to so many people on canvas. Why she was ever written out is beyond me.

• Members

Wow! I never made the connection that GH will now have three members of Elizabeth's family in the head nurse position: Lucille, Audrey, and Elizabeth.

Was Bobbie Spencer ever head nurse? If so, why wouldn't she apply for the vacant role? Wouldn't she win-out based on experience.